Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prayers please... Laid off

Thanks Adam. I saw the Internal Sever Error problem too. Everyone is having a hard time these days it seems. Just have to trust that God will get us through all this. My wife said at least we have a roof over our head and food in our guts (just have to figure out how we will pay the electric bill since I am not receiving anymore unemployment checks). I am at the vise tying and trying to keep my focus. As long as I stay busy at the vise (and not flat on my back in bed) it is hard to get depressed. I just don't look forward to this surgery or being bedridden (6 months rehab). Hopefully I can still tie despite all that (have to stay busy somehow).

Server error is only on this thread. not sure why... it's befuddling me.

I didn't get it the server error this time, it went straight to the end of the thread.

We struggle at the Trahan residence as well. Both of us have jobs and our jobs are so full of stresses that it is sometimes unbearable. It's 5:10a and I am writing at small streams, hmm, not because I am stoked on fly fishing...

I'm writing because I want to share with Gus and who ever else that is reading. Sharing success and failures is important to me. We are a team here, we always have been. We are at a pretty high level right now because of everyone pulling together and sharing what we love.

We all walk our own path, we have to make choices, some of them are so difficult...

We are a product of our choices.

Gus, when bad stuff happens to me, I try to learn from it. I have learned NOT to blame it on G~d. I try to understand what happened and not put myself in that position again. I've learned that I am not in control of each step of the way however I am in control of the direction of my life. I depend on other people but ultimately, I depend only on myself.

I hope you get a job soon.

You may have to change some things around but it does not mean that you have failed, it just means that you have to adjust your course to weather a storm.

You got to have storms to make the flowers grow and the streams flow.

Uhh, well, just know that I'm thinking of you and I know I could be in your position at any time and I will be using my own advice to weather change.

Alpinefly, I am praying for you too.

I'm praying for good things to happen. Positive vibes, good things.

Some people could use these things more than others. We have our own issues but I really hope you guys get the ship sailing quickly.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

smallstreams.com plankowner martin_b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gusstrand View Post
    Server error is only on this thread. not sure why... it's befuddling me.
    It may have to do with the three "..." at the end. E.g. this link doesn't work: http://smallstreams.com/showthread.p...d-off.../page3 but this does: http://smallstreams.com/showthread.p...1068#post51068

Sorry to hear that again, hope all is well.

Andrew

I would second Adam's idea about looking into getting into healthcare. Population is aging but at same time Medcare and Commercial Insurance are paying physicians and hospitals less. They are turning to technology to become more efficient. Inquire at hospitals, large physician groups, insurance plans like BCBS, United Healthcare, Aetna, etc. Closed health systems such as Kaiser, Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic. Finally, apply at the Medicare processor in Texas who I beleive is Trailblazer.
    www.trailblazerhealth.com

If you have IT skills you are a lot better off than those who do not.

Jeff

Looking at Linkedin looks like our wise leader here may well be back in work ,if so Hurrrah from chilly London town !

My prayers to you and yours. Sorry to hear about being laid off.

Hy guys, yes, I am gainfully employed! Landed this job on 23 December. Thanks for the kind words and good vibes!

And yes, it is in health care, actually!

Actually writing this from a room in the Rio in Las Vegas here for work. I now work for Hanger Orthopedic as 50% of their corporate training function. they moved their corporate offices to Austin last year.

This is a little video about the Company: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YK0GLpM_2s

We even make, well, dolphin tails... :)

Sorry I haven't updated you guys! Been a busy month getting back to work!

smallstreams.com plankowner jeepster's Avatar
    ---------------Sweet !
    jeepster

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.