Hi all,

As most of you know, ( or would do if you've read my previous posts) I have a Tim Harris 6ft.3in, #3,weight Cane Fly Rod! I love the Rod; named : The Little Vixen.

But recently I've acquired one of the Hardy Classic Range Fly Rods, it's the : Hardy Flyweight 6ft,#2,weight. I bought this rod as a backup for my Cane Rod! I have a couple of 7ft rods , but wanted another 6ft, for the small streams I fish regularly. Anyhow, was I surprised when I first got my grubby little mitts on it - it's one of the lightest rods around today; and the action is very similar to that of a cane rod! I have also acquired a : 2.5in, A J Forbes Magnesium fly reel, to compliment the Flyweight Rod, it's a very lightweight reel and well made! The only downside to the reel is it's finish; a very dark Matt grey, but, apart from the aesthetics - it is a very nice reel!

What line? Well I've acquired an SA, Mastery GPX #2, weight fly line, to compliment the rod and reel; and I must say they (all three) make a very nice outfit! What about fishing with this outfit? It is absolutely fantastic; and I'm so pleased that I've bought it.

Anyone who loves fishing with a Cane Rod - Will, I'm sure also love using a Hardy Flyweight Fly Rod.

Mostyn