Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch encounters

Re: Sasquatch encounters

there are grizzlyes in the northern cascads of washington,steve

interesting comments roy. i have never seen a ghost and am not too keen on it, unless i saw a ghost red deer stag. that would be damn cool. :bigthumb:

steve kiley and mike are right. there are grizzlies in the north cascades. they never quite became extinct and over the past 20 years have both migrated back there and have been re-introduced. http://www.bearinfo.org/tips.htm

I saw a grizzly in the Valle Vidal area, with witnesses.

mikeytwoshoes

Quote Originally Posted by Trucha
    I saw a grizzly in the Valle Vidal area, with witnesses.
    outstanding!

they're rumored to be in the san juans as well.

I stand warned and corrected on the grizzlies
    thanks, guys,
    Roy

here is an experience i had a few years ago,a friend and i were walking a logging road at big bottom on the clackamas river witch is high in the cascads,as we came over a small rise we were hit by this huge growl or howel,it was so load that it felt physical.so i had my friend crircel into the 10 or 12 year old clear cut and i staid on the road to see if we could spook out whatever it was,after he left something started hitting a tree in back of me,sounded like it was being hit with a baseball bat,just then i saw a large shadow cross between 2 small trees about 75 yards out,and then 2 more calls on eather side of the ridge above us,then the tree smashing stopped,i stayed put for a few min,and then saw a doe deer pass through the same spot i saw the shadow, it was a 1/3 of the size of the shadow or whatever it was and i could make out its color just fine,a few min. later my friend past through the same spot and he was only 1/2 as tall.so we meet up and started walking back and all the way we keeped smelling a heavy musky smell,dont know for sure what it was and i know all the animals and sounds they make , but i am pretty sure it was a family of our bare foot friends,just one of my experiences,steve

trucha-WAY cool about seeing a griz in the valle vidal.

steve-k-interesting story. kind of scary too.

i have heard about sasquatch tree pounding before. i guess they can use it for communication and sometimes for territorial displays and even intimidation. can you imagine the destructive power behind a giant tree limb being swung by an 8' tall 700 lb primate?

Amazing story steve, cryptzoology is fascinating although I think the show Monster Quest has screwed the pooch and probably does more harm. I remember watching a show on the topic and someone brought up the fact that no bodies have been found and a response form a bigfoot researcher was that not many bodies of bears or deer are found, can anyone confirm this?

i can talk to that.
    how many times have you found a body, or even bones, from a bear? in most environments bodies are torn apart and scattered by scavengers and then maggots, bacteria and such finish off those pieces. this does not take long, less than two weeks in most cases, unless it is in winter. then they might stay frozen/covered until spring. and of course then the process would begin. imagine how many elk and deer antlers are out there. and how often do you even find one of those, which are MUCH more common.

and then take into account the fact that these creatures live in the most remote, even trail-less areas of the wilderness.
    also, some animals will recognize a feeling like they know they are going to die will go off to remote, inaccessible places to do just that.

Brooktrout,

This has been an excellent thread! I've been following the posts and stories by many of you! I love reading of the sightings of "Big Foot" I'm someone who's NOT seen anything like that "Yettie"

Trucha, I'll have some of whatever your drinking!

Roy, yours is the best post by far, with your OBE (Order of the British Empire) out of body experience; ghosts and goo-lies etc, I loved reading it. Thanks!

Adam, I'm also with you on this subject; good for tourism though! Although, there are more things in Heaven; and on Earth that cannot be explained!

I believe in the existence of God, although I will never see God, It's called FAITH.

Mostyn

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.