Quote Originally Posted by palewatery
Quote Originally Posted by adam
A graphite rod is the most overpriced rod by far.
Quote Originally Posted by Ernest
At retail prices, the graphite rod is the most expensive rod you can own.
Whether Graphite is better than Bamboo or Bamboo is better than Graphite is a whole other subject. It’s also very very open to each individuals likes and dislikes.

Quote Originally Posted by adam
The 100 bamboo (wood guys in this group) are the guys who love the mountains, know the outdoors, know the ins and outs of tying, know fishing. They are not caught up in the media frenzy for the latest and greatest. They are the ones I want to be a part of and learn from.

The 100 graphite guys are into FISHING! Focused on it but not the most knowing of the whole scene of fishing and the outdoors. Lower percentages of all around (tying, conservation, casting dynamics) general knowledge... Concerned more about names than performance.
Again, with respect, that’s a sweeping generalisation. That’s your experience/opinion and I respect that but it cannot be expanded across the whole fishing scene. At least not from a UK standpoint, maybe it's a cultural difference between the US and the UK???

My 2p.
Step on a graphite rod and see what happens?

*snickering*

How many 50 year old graphite rods have you heard of taking a bend on a fish of a lifetime?

Wood and bamboo started it all and are very available for anyone to pick up and make.

I prefer someone's personal hand drawn art over computer generated art, no what I mean?

My rod comparison = new

My opinion = mine

Respectfully taken.

:D

Take care.