Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Re: Introductions

here is a good recent pic of me................................................ ................no i do not know how to smile

hey......... I think i know some of ya'll.......

I live in Georgia and fish when i can....... and dream of fishin when i can't

DD

That dude can tell a story...
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

I've been here before, and I'm glad it is here again for me to visit once more. I can be found on a number of internet forums, but I'm online a lot less than I used to be.
    I was never a big poster here, but I enjoyed reading the stories and dreaming of fishing new waters.

Right now the rivers where I live look like this:

While the rivers are fishable, -7 degrees (19F) is not the most enjoyable weather... but much better than the -40deg weather from the previous week.

I really dream of returning to my small streams when the season opens.

Merry Christmas,

Merry Christmas Harps, I remember you.

Do you know Will Gadd?

He is a friend and an awesome Canadian sportsman.

Fry

Hi all,

I'm Brett and I am originally from Hawaii. I currently am in Philadelphia, PA attending school at the University of Pennsylvania. I grew up using UL spin gear to fish the small streams of Hawaii for smallmouth bass and the surrounding ocean for anything that i could fool. I also dabbled in fly fishing as a youngster, but only with an 8 wt in the salty stuff. In the last two years I have picked up UL fly fishing for trout in some of the beautiful and legendary trout streams of PA. I currently only fish a Sage SPL 181-3 and a St. Croix Imperial 602.2, but I am in the process of wrapping my first cane rod, a 6' 1 piece 2wt based on the Orvis Flea taper. I look forward to learning a lot from all of the knowledgeable people on this board.

Aloha,

Brett

Brett, I have a picture for you, give me a few days.

You are in a good spot.

ulf_hagstrom

Hi everyone, I am Ulf, I am from Sweden and I am a flytying / flyfishing addict.
    I live by the baltic sea just south of Stockholm far from any good trout or grayling stream, but I still prefer fishing the running waters, especially the small ones, far up north in Sweden. I do confess to fish a lot with flies for pike in my home waters in the baltic also, which is a nice contrast to the light stream fishing.

Flytying is my thing, and I like to add that little realistic touch to my flies and I have been fortunate to be invited to a few shows around the world to come and show my flies and my way of tying them.

I help out my friends at http://www.elmerfishing.com as much as I can with articles and other stuff, these are my close buddies of fishermen who I go on trips with 3-4 times per year. I also have a little gallery together with my friend Leif Örtenholm at http://www.artonhook.com last and least I run a little blog thing at http://ulfhagstrom.blogspot.com.

I also have two sons; Kristoffer who is five and Wilmer who is soon to be one year old!

Warm greetings
    Ulf

Fry

Ulf,

I just looked at some of your flies and they are amazing! How do you get such realistic detail?

Brett

Welcome Ulf, glad you found your way here.

Jim

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.