Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Striking the Mother Lode 10-27-2012

Beautiful country & gorgeous fish & water.

This is my favorite type of water to fish. Thank you for sharing this trip!

Those trout are unbelievable!

Well, thank you Mr. Wulff for not actually naming water. A tip of my hat to you for that. But you did name the only USFS Ranger Station around so there's that.
    Next time you have an inclination to fish in my back yard, please have to courtesy to stop by and say hello, pop a beer, stay for dinner, throw a log on the fire, ect.

Nevermind...I've been telling myself I'm over it for months.

I hope you had a great time and really...thank you for not actually naming water or streams though I know exactly where you fished.
    Wouldn't YOU like to have a bunch of Ya-Hoos fishing in your backyard? How much pressure do you think ANY of that water can take? I know...you didn't really name names...good on ya...no really...

Luv,
    Shay

I'm coming to your backyard and I'm gonna drag that Zanko with me.

And I'm going to call you every single name in the book. Drink your whiskey, eat your food and dust your floor with my sleeping bag.

I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it.

And your going to show me where it isn't and where it will never be.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    I'm coming to your backyard and I'm gonna drag that Zanko with me.

And I'm going to call you every single name in the book. Drink your whiskey, eat your food and dust your floor with my sleeping bag.

I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it.

And your going to show me where it isn't and where it will never be.
    Both of you are always welcome, whatevertime of year.

Bring your own damn wiskey and I'll give you a hand with it and happy to help!
    I will, however, sweep the floor for you. You'll at least have eggs for breakfast. Other than that, I can't gaurantee.
    Season closes Nov 16 or there abouts, Opens Last Saturday in April.
    Those streams will be frozen over by then and won't thaw for a month after the opener so there's that. It's also why those little fish are so eager to hop on yer hook, ya know? They starve for months out of the year and have a memory of "food" moving through the water. Hell, they remember hoppers after not seeing one for six months! HUNGRY! There's damn little for them to eat in that water.
    Hoppers=Steak/Roast/Potato's ya know? I don't know why there even are any of those little guys left.
    Big ass yellow bellied elk hair caddis tied on a tiny hook (Size 14 tied on an 16 hook that won't pop their eyes out mostly) equals meat to them. Any yellow belly small hopper tied on a very small hook is even better. A floater and then something you can tug under water and strip back will always work wonders here. Hell, I'm always amazed at these fish. Breathtaking! Oh an be damn gentle on the hook set please? These fish will go flying over your shoulder and lost in the brush behind you. Dead.
    Excuberence!

Luv
    Shay

PS thing...
    The book is freaking big.
    Be prepared to go on a swearing tirade! I'll just sit back, sip your wiskey, listen to you go on and on, oh and on and on...kind of like reading "War & Peace" ya know?
    Last edited by troutgetter; 09-13-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: I forgot...I can't spell...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.