Thread: bonefish in hawaii

Hybrid View

You brought back some great memories. I spent the honeymoon of my first marriage there (on Oahu), and remember that pier and the Bonefish. What a great way to spend the holidays (especially New Year's Eve) !!!!!

Glad you guys enjoyed the pictures. It just shows how good bonefishing would be here if it was all catch and release. This place is protected and the fish thrive. Went out yesterday and got two mahi one 30lbs and another 20lbs and a small tuna around 10lbs. Got them all on light tackle. Had the 12wt ready but it was not a wide open bite, had to use bait. I still enjoy a 30lb bull on a bait casting rod, good fun. Hope you guys get out before the season closes on trout. Have a great Halloween, Mems.

That's absolutely correct. For many years I've snorkeled (and dived) just outside, and then inside the Pupukea Marine Life Conservation District on the N. Shore (Shark's Cove) and I always know when I've crossed over the CD boundary because over the period of a few minutes' swimming the numbers of fish quadruple (at least).

Quote Originally Posted by mems View Post
    It just shows how good bonefishing would be here if it was all catch and release. This place is protected and the fish thrive.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions