Quote Originally Posted by palewatery
Dave first posted a fly using Synton thread a while back and I asked him about it, I was needing Body Quills so when the place he recommended had quills and the Synton thread I just ordered a couple of spools to try. Excellent stuff, much finer than Gudebrod, Sheer or Benecchi and a good range of colours too so I'm pretty impressed... If I needed convincing more his Greenfly abdomen would have sold me, it does look stunning. Like yourself I was a big fan of the Gudebrod but I'm running out and can't find supplies to buy new stuff so I've been trying out other brands and really like the Benecchi, real shame I can't find the Gudebrod though. Never tried the Uni Caenis but I don't like the Trico much.. of course I'm not tying sub #28... I'd say Synton was a good substitute for the Trico or Spiders Web rather than competition for the Gudebrod.
smashing wee fly...

Jim don't know if you noticed the links on the Gudebrod website to suppliers in England.
http://www.gudebrod.com/Dealers/IntLoca ... ry=England
I know Lakeland have it listed but as Out of Stock, as I'm sure you already know!

Cheers
Jim