I managed a short session on my local river (the Whitewater) today. I normally go Monday evening after work but my wife's signed me up for some keep-fit activities on Monday evenings ... still she let me go out today :D

I thought seeing as it was cloudy and quite cold (about 10C) there wouldn't be any fish rising ... but as usual I was wrong. I managed to hook and lose 2 fish in the first pool I fished on a pink post quill klinkhamer (which I'd tied in the morning). I then landed a lovely fish of about 12 ounces (guess who forgot his camera??).

I moved on upriver managing to spook a couple of fish and then came to one of my favourite swims. There were at least 4 or 5 differnt fish rising. I landed a little fellow but managed to lose 3 (!) fish of which the biggest was about 2lb! Gah! I can't work out if the hook I used was not hooking up well or if I was being incompentent. I'm going with the latter theory for the moment. I 'm using a partridge barbless shrimp hook for these quill klinkhamers. Maybe I need to find a different pattern?