Thread: Moving On

Moving On

Well Guys it looks as though it is time to pack up my parrot and monkey and find a berth on another ship.

It was grand sailing with you sorry we got scuppered. GO WELL STAY WELL!!

smallstreams.com plankowner martin_b's Avatar
    Leaving the site, is that what you're saying?

Yep! Afraid so. Gave it my best shot. Can't believe all those good guys that were on the site just vaporised'

I will most probably still have a looksee from time to time but must admit I am not very hopeful. Getting a bit long in the tooth and weary. Cheers.

Hey Jax, I appreciate your efforts. I love this site, had a great time with all the guys who would post here. Adam, Chef, et all. I have kept up with my posts and adventures, but now it seems no one likes to share any stories anymore. Ernest still posts from time to time, but the literary level has dropped off considerably. I check here every day and hoped the new owner would put some energy into the site. I hope all the old members are out there fishing. Save travels and adventures, Mems.

Thanks mems; As you say it was great fun with a great bunch of guys. Adam must have wondered what had hit him when I first found Smallstreams. Boy was I a Bunny. Adam steered me in the right direction in the Early days my moniker was " Onecast" and guys like Doctor and Mikeytwoshoes would keep things on the go.

Too many others to mention them all. Sad isn't it that they have all drifted away.

I was away for a while after suffering a Stroke and when I came back I used the Moniker "Jax"

Cut my teeth here and have a lot of good memories . So I guess I will still have a Peep every now and then JUST IN CASE.

In early April Jax started "Where are the smallstreamers???" in The Surface, and it has had almost 2,000 views. Are six or seven of us each opening the thread hundreds of times, or are there readers who have not been incented to join the conversations?

I am one of the oldtimers. I remember when this was a much more active site. I can make a contribution from time to time, but I don't know how to rebuild the community. I would hate to lose Jax, but I understasnd his frustration.

I check in from time to time but as far as I'm concerned, I won't "invest" my time here.

I'm not after numbers, never was, I'm after one person visiting 100 times rather than 100 visitors once. Never paid too much attention to web statistics. The new web people do, that's what they want, numbers.

The formula for the site has not been followed. The new owners did not identify themselves, they didn't keep it up or take "ownership" They just bought the site, they bought you.

So, Jax, I can totally appreciate your view. I've been outta here. You know where you can find me.

Take care all.

smallstreams.com plankowner
    Though I didn't post often and now actually fish even less, roaming this site over the years has been my way of getting my feet back in the water and remembering the feeling of earlier days spent on streams...alone and with loved ones.

I certainly understand how you feel Jax.

Thank you for all you've put into Small Streams, and thanks to adam and all the other regulars who made this such a wonderful destination.

Safe travels and good luck to you and to all.

I am really glad to see that some of the Old Timers are still out there and remember what Smallstreams used to be.

I guess I will just like you guys keep looking in from time to time as being a dedicated Fly Fisher. HOPE springs Eternal.

Happy Hunting Fellahs and Good Fortune to you all.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.