Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the smallstreamers???

Where are the smallstreamers???

O.K! Guys Time to come out to play some more.

The site is new hands. SO WHAT!!

You are still who you were. So come on into the warmth of the camp fire.

Settle down to a cup of coffee.

Relax and tell us where you have been.

What you have been doing.

Tell us the truth laced with a few lies.

Knock the dottle from your pipe and muse on.

Tomorrow may be a day too far. Jack

Jack,

A good start to a thread. I've been lurking here for a long time, and like you, recall when there was a lot of activity from active posters. Members have wandered away over time, and I don't know what we have to do to bring in new members. The best advertising is word of mouth.

We're all busy. I'm still on a deadly long commute to a full time day job, but I hope to do something about that in the next couple of years. I have springtime farm work on the evenings and weekends. One of my horses died in February, and now when I have time I'm training a new horse. I will finally take a part of a day next week to start my stream season on a little creek a half hour north of the house.

I'm posting a scrap of flash fiction once a month, and reading all new posts. Other than that I have not been too active here.

Yes, it would be nice to have a group conversation again.

Ernest, You have made my day! Knew you were out there from your posts and glad you feel as I do and My main hope is some of the other Old Guys who are lurking will join in.

As with all fishermen. "Hope Springs Eternal"

Perhaps this small ripple will spread.

Ofuros. Glad to see you are still active. How are things in your neck of the woods in Aussie?
    Last edited by Jax; 04-04-2015 at 02:35 PM.

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner
    I check in mostly every day. Haven't got to fish much since last August--once in Sept. and just a couple of weeks ago. I could whine more about how extra busy I am even though I'm close to retiring. I hope to get some time on the water in a week or so.

BW

Go for it mate and I hope the trout come out to play. Most of all. Have Fun.

smallstreams.com plankowner ofuros's Avatar
    Hi Jax,
    I'm still around..drop by from time to time in the hope the activity has picked up again. I love my smallstreams....

I work away, so family time & chasing after my 2 & a half year old boy come 1st when i do come home,
    then there's the ageing house that needs some serious loving...seems the more things I touch the bigger the projects get.

Bushwalking has taken over from chasing trout over the last couple of years...mainly because the mountains are so close, only a short 45mins drive away. I get to spend a night the wilderness and that's enough to recharge my tired soul.
    There's a few pics here in my signature below.....

Ready & waiting in my car are some printed maps of trout streams & creeks that I plan to hike into & fish...just need a 3 day window
    to make it worthwhile. So the flame hasn't completely died....it's just flickering.
    Should get a session in before the season closes in June...fingers crossed.

Ooroo,
    ofuros
    Last edited by ofuros; 04-05-2015 at 03:40 PM.
    Out & about....looking for trout.
    https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hi ofuros Knew you were about good to hear from you. That's a great pastime you have there and the Photos are enticing.

Good to hear you still intend to doing a bit of rod bending Have Fun.

Aloha Jax, I chcek in here about once a day or more. Not much action. I post on saltwater, since that is most of the fishing I do now. The ono are starting to show up offshore and I have been guiding a lot lately inshore. I catch bonefish and trevally almost evrery day. My daughter is pregnant and lives in spokane, so I will be over there in september to see the baby and chase some big browns in montana. Other than that I don't have any big trips planned for this summer, but you never know what will pop up. I wish dudes would post more pictures and stories. I went surfing with my son this morning it was 4-6 feet and stayed glassy until noon. I hope every one had a nice Easter, Mems.

Good on ya! Mems; I see your posts on saltwater and am often green with envy. Like you I could do with a lot of nice photos of the rivers and streams the guts fish. Hope some of them come out to play. Have Fun.

Fry
    My wife and I have been doing a bit of traveling of late. One of the best trips was going to Venice, LA and fishing for Yellowfin Tuna. Definitely not small stream fishing, but definitely fun!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.