Thread: On My Bucket List !

On My Bucket List !

Can anyone tell me about this stream leading into Mount Ranier (name, etc.) I took this picture as I flew into Seattle on Alaska Airlines from the air. A beautiful picture of Mount Rainier, the Cascades, and Mt. St. Helens in the background. I saw the stream below, and certainly want to explore that stream. I will be heading back up to Seattle for my Mom's Memorial Service as she passed away early Tuesday Morning (the 22nd), and to spend time with my Dad who does not have much time left either. I hope to spend much time on the water (my way of grieving, clearing my head, and celebrating life).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_0017.jpg  

smallstreams.com plankowner ofuros's Avatar
    Impressive scenery, nice shot through the aircrafts porthole.
    Goodluck with tracking down the streams name & hope you get to fish her headwaters one day.

Looks like a good old topo map is your friend.

It may be Frying Pan or Inter Fork. Without knowing the direction you were looking it's hard to say.

Given the perspective from your pic, that stream is most likely the White River. It is glacier fed and quite silty most of the year (clear in the cool winter months). You can find some small rainbow trout in the feeder streams, and the White gets a small salmon run in the fall. I live in Seattle and it is beautiful country. But trout fishing is limited...mostly 6-8" fish in the nearby cascade streams. You can checkout washingtonflyfishing.com if you want to learn more about the fishing opportunities in The Great NW.

Google Earth.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.