Thread: New guy from the Driftless Area...

New guy from the Driftless Area...

Well the very southwest corner but I can't complain with having several nice trout streams within a short distance.

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner
    Does this mean you are from Iowa or the very southwest corner of WI? Welcome. I am enchanted by the streams in the driftless.

Dubuque, IA so right across the river from WI

Welcome, Craigthor. I'm a few hours north of you, on the east side of the St. Croix, outside of the Driftless. I fish SE MN a few days each spring, and on the Lake Superior North Shore sometimes, but mostly in the spring water creeks running through the woods and into our Wild and Scenic River.

Nice to know, I'm a Tenkara transplant of sorts. I spent a little over a year practicing nothing but Tenkara after not picking up a western rod in over 10 years. It was the spark that brought me back into the Western side of things. Since picking up a rod and reel again it has really opened up my fishing opportunities greatly for close to home fishing and fishing bigger deeper waters. I've transplanted through a few rods over the last few months and none of them really felt at home till I got my latest rod. Though it isn't the lightest weight rod I've used it is definitely the most graceful rod I've had in hand. Punches through the wind and lays out so delicately unlike any of the UL rods I've played with. Though with this one I did go back in time to years of care and quality over quantity.

Very nice!

Welcome to smallstreams!

Fry
    Welcome! Love the pictures. How do you keep everything so neat and organized?!
    I'm way North of you, but I do try to fish the Driftless a few times a year. Quite a special area!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.