Thread: Got my priorities straight

Got my priorities straight

This past weekend it was warmer (upper 70’s- to 80 @ our house) in the PNW than it was in many other places on the map. I decided to take advantage of the rare May weather & skip mowing the lawn & other obligations & get out on our local stillwater to catch some stocked trout with the kids. I packed up a few rods and we started off the day trolling some small streamers & right away we got some good tugs.

We noticed that with the sun at our backs, we could see groups of fish. So we shut off the motor & started ‘sight casting’ to pods of trout swimming by which was great fun. My son caught his first trout on a streamer that he saw “follow & swallow.” After almost a dozen fish, the streamers were looking a bit bare.

It actually got warm enough where we parked in some shade to eat some lunch & break out the spin rods, bobber & bait (my youngest loves seeing the bobber dance & go under). We had good action while kick’n back over lunch (about 5-6 mins max between fish) & the kids loved seeing the fish in the clear container before letting them swim off. As an added bonus, we saw a bald eagle (almost picked off a fish we were reeling in), ospreys & tons of baby ducks. Even though I didn’t really fish all that much – it was still pretty darn fun & yes the yard still needs to be mowed..

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Superb Chinese Qing Qianlong MK Dragon Boat Race Famille Rose Porcelain Vase picture

Superb Chinese Qing Qianlong MK Dragon Boat Race Famille Rose Porcelain Vase

$4550.00

Italian Gondola Boat Sea Horse Brass Art Statue Figurine picture

Italian Gondola Boat Sea Horse Brass Art Statue Figurine

$99.95

Vintage 1950's Unknown 6.5

Vintage 1950's Unknown 6.5" Speed Boat Metal Tin Toy Aristo Craft Torpedo

$55.00

Boat Dock Cleats Nylon Boat Cleat,Black Boat Cleats,Boat Rope Cleat,Kayak picture

Boat Dock Cleats Nylon Boat Cleat,Black Boat Cleats,Boat Rope Cleat,Kayak

$9.47

Vintage Glass Maritime Folk Art Nautical Boat Ship in A Bottle 3 Masted Schooner picture

Vintage Glass Maritime Folk Art Nautical Boat Ship in A Bottle 3 Masted Schooner

$39.95

OLD HONG KONG CHINESE SILVER TONE WAR JUNK BOAT MINIATURE WOOD BASE Vtg picture

OLD HONG KONG CHINESE SILVER TONE WAR JUNK BOAT MINIATURE WOOD BASE Vtg

$119.99

Large & Small Medieval Spoons Fork Italy LOT Silver Boat Angel Cupid Dutch picture

Large & Small Medieval Spoons Fork Italy LOT Silver Boat Angel Cupid Dutch

$64.99

U.S. Navy Mark I Boat Clock WWII 1941 picture

U.S. Navy Mark I Boat Clock WWII 1941

$299.00

Antique Vintage Metal Pond Boat Yacht; Boucher Pond Model ??;   1930's to 1940's picture

Antique Vintage Metal Pond Boat Yacht; Boucher Pond Model ??; 1930's to 1940's

$1570.00

BLAIR CRAWFORD STERLING SILVER GRAVY BOAT PROFESSIONALLY POLISHED TO LOOK NEW picture

BLAIR CRAWFORD STERLING SILVER GRAVY BOAT PROFESSIONALLY POLISHED TO LOOK NEW

$275.00