Hi Folks, long time no see/speak etc., I've been long out of the loop re fishing.

Bushcraft though, is something I've developed an interest in, although to be strictly honest it should be called 'Messing about in the woods with knives and fire because its fun' rather than 'Bushcraft' in my case/experience.

I've acquired a range of sharp edged things, knives, hatchets, saws, felling axes, billhooks, slashers etc etc etc but the one which I use, refer to, make the most stuff with and generally enjoy the most is this:

Really cheap and cheerful, so if I lose it I don't lose sleep and sharp enough out of the box to fillet with or, of you're so minded, to shave arm hair. It's not a perfect knife by any stretch of the imagination, there's no corkscrew for a start and it's particularly rubbish at removing boy scouts from those difficult to reach bits of a horse's hoof. It's an Opinel No. 8 with a carbon steel blade... once nicely sharpened and well stropped though, you can shave with it... admittedly a Gillette Tech is more comfortable :)

Cheers!

Adam.