Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: smallstreams book?

smallstreams book?

It's been batted around before, and Adam is starting one about Tenkara - Would anyone be interested in contributing to a smallstreams.com book?

I'm thinking along the lines of your stories - there are wonderful writers with terrific experiences here, and I would love to think that a book, or at least an ebook, would be something that we might be able to pull together.

Format-wise, I'm thinking possibly a few quick profile questions followed by a story of your smallstreams endeavors? What fishing small streams means to you, etc. I'm thinking a 1,000 word basic guideline for the story length (that's about four pages.)

I'd write a new one, some of you already have some.

It would be a community project, for the good of the community, and if we could pull one off, who knows, maybe we could make future volumes. I woul love to see contributors from the many places we all represent. I would also want to limit it to a specific, yet to be determined number of contributors. Fifteen comes to mind.

Anyone game for giving it a try? Slow project, but a fun one. If I get enough takers, I'll create a permission based forum for the group to write, proofread, etc. so the book is truly "new" content and not necessarily recycled already available smallstreams posts. If you worry about your writing in any way, don't. Participating in this is about the desire and helping each other if needs arise.

What say you?

1. Gus
    2. ksbioteacher
    3. Adam
    4. Ernest
    5. Lone Wulff
    6. Brooktrout
    7. Trucha
    8. mems
    9. wallyran
    10. Anthony
    Last edited by gusstrand; 01-20-2013 at 05:25 PM.

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner
    I might be interested....

Might be fun working in a different genre--certainly a challenge. Don't know if the writing skills will be up to snuff but I'm willing if you are game......wait, wait that didn't come out right. See what I mean.

Always game! I'll add you to the list of the willing!

Count me in...
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

I will join if the group will have me.

Sign me up. This is going to be fun.

Will the use of pictures be permitted to enhance one's work, or will it be limited to purely writing? Will it be limited to actual fishing related experiences or will there be other genres such as (fishing related) fiction? I'm just brainstorming here.

This sounds interesting.

Want me to put you on the list, Trucha?

I think the genre is really up to the participants as to fiction or not. I don't necessarily want to dictate that but this is a community project. What do you guys think?

On photos, I'm not sure. Again, what is the consensus? I was actually thinking about a similar standalone project for photos...

Working forum for this project has been created.

Oh, and if we don't get fifteen, it doesn't matter. We will move it forward with however many we get!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.