I was the last one to reach the cars but you should have seen the smile on my face as I laid that last picture on the pair of them like an old boy in a poker game producing that last ace of a royal flush…………. drawing it out for a big build up. It isn’t often you can claim big fish honors from two guys who either one is capable of out fishing you 3 to 1…………. But as my daddy used to say every now and then an old blind sow finds an acorn.

Well by now we were ready for and truly needed in order ….. a hot bath, clean clothes, a damn good store bought dinner, a night in a crowd at Tommyknocker’s Tavern in Creede and most importantly a good night’s sleep in a soft bed. When we wake up from that it will be time for me to face my fears just like I was raised to do…......... and hit the trail to the stream where I lost my camera many years ago ……. Yes the one I thought I was too old to ever make it back into…… face your fears ………. Or pay the five dollar fine for whining.

One last part still to come on a dream stream for big, big …………brookies…….. wait and see.

Rbaileydav
DD
Dick Davis