Thread: New from Rhode Island

New from Rhode Island

Hey guys, just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Alex, I am 24 from Rhode Island. I am completely crazy about native brook trout and the habitats they live in. I litterally lose sleep over them and spend many late nights trying to find new water to explore.

Welcome, Alex.

There are a number of brook trout fishers here.

Ernest

Welcome to smallstreams!

Thanks guys! Glad I found ya! Really enjoy reading people small stream trip reports and seeing their pictures of beautiful fish.

smallstreams.com plankowner martin_b's Avatar
    Welcome here, Alex.

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and let you all know I have not forgotten about you! Well, no more than I have forgotten about the rest of life! With the Albies running, I have not been thinking about anything else. Until today that is! I was out on the Jetty, exhausted and waiting for the speed demons to show themselves when I thought to my self, "man, I would really like to be on a small creek looking for brookies right now!". It has been months since I have fished for trout because of water temps but now the rivers are in great shape and I am ready to head in to the woods.

I went to the shop for a new 2wt line and reel and ended up leaving with a new pair of Korker Chromes instead. Looks like tomorrow I am going to throw my 4wt reel and line on my 2wt. Whatever, at least my feet will be comfy! My old boots seemed to have shrunk and I could no longer wear them with anything thicker than running socks, not good for this time of year. The water is getting COLD! Anyways, hopefully I can at least bring back some pictures for you all tomorrow! Tight lines to anyone else that plans on getting out there!

Alex

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.