Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado Cutthroat Slam

That was a great read - thanks for sharing. Those last two cutts are nice.

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner
    Honestly they were a big surprise. In that particular section of the creek I didn't see anything over 13 inches last summer. Surprises are one of the essential elements of fishing enjoyment.

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner
    The research that was ongoing regarding the status of greenbacks has just been published. The news is worse than thought if these results hold up. There seems to be pretty strong evidence showing that only one stream population is actually "greenback" and it isn't even in its original native range. Check this out as the Colorado DNR and the US Fish and Wildlife try to work this out.

http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/...m-dna-reveals/

Very Nice.................places to add to the list.

the list is very long.................

I just found this forum browsing a few blogs I follow. I'm surprised it took me this long??

I was going through a few posts whose title caught my eye and this is the first post I opened. It's a great post, the RMNP streams look very familiar, and I was very surprised to see a link to my blog! Thank you ksbioteacher! If you're interested, I created an unofficial Colorado Cuttslam certificate to go with my official Wyoming Cuttslam and California Heritage Trout Challenge certificate, and I could send you the PP to create your own.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the genetic studies until they are validated by Dr. Behnke. The genetic study that was released three years ago was discredited by Dr. Behnke, and I would expect the most recent study to receive the same critique.

Great post!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ksbioteacher View Post
    The research that was ongoing regarding the status of greenbacks has just been published. The news is worse than thought if these results hold up. There seems to be pretty strong evidence showing that only one stream population is actually "greenback" and it isn't even in its original native range. Check this out as the Colorado DNR and the US Fish and Wildlife try to work this out.

http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/...m-dna-reveals/
    I just received the latest Trout magazine and just as I had expected Dr. Behnke has sharp criticism (page 8) on this study.

Chris

I have been told that I was referenced in that issue of Trout.

Tenkara article by Morgan Lyle.

Your reference article appears interesting.

i don't buy magazines but that sounds like an issue I may want to thumb through while shopping in the book store.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.