Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disc golf.. redux

I am now using Innova Darts. I don't like them but they work better for me than Aviars. I am hitting with them much much farther out and now even close in. So I use them even though I don't like 'em.

Disc golf is so much fun, it is a true hippy sport.
    Last edited by adam; 07-24-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Ahh, new course, Greenfield Lakes Golf Course, a ball golf course that put in 36 baskets. You share the course with ball golfers, riding carts, awesome.

Played a great game today except...

I chose my max weight Roadrunner for the long pins, two long drives for me but one roller. Step up, HEAVE the heavy Roadrunner flying hitting the ground on edge standing up and rolling, straight into a pigeon.

Big puff of feathers, dead, instantly.

Second bird I've killed playing disc golf.

Not cool.

But a great game, best I've played.

Long course, nearly par, only second time playing.

Not cool, but humorous in a sort of sick way. One of the college age kids I played with this summer nearly took a dove out as it crossed his disc's path on a long drive. Inches.

My family gave me some cool stuff yesterday for my birthday - a nice Innova Deluxe bag (been using a starter bag for like seven or eight years, just filling it to bursting and swapping discs in and out of it) a 149g Blizzard Wraith, a Dragon as a tongue in cheek nod to my disc eating lake, and a Viking for fun with my geneology. I wanted a Blizzard Wraith - I think I have five or six Wraiths in almost every plastic and varying weights, lost count. They work for me. The family likes to buy discs for the stamps like the Viking. LOL.

Been trying to get the hang of the Blizzard discs with the Boss I have, but I can still throw my Wraiths, Beasts and even my Archangel better. The Blizzard boss I have is like 135g, and is so freaking light I can't get the feel yet. While it's not as good as Wraiths for me, I also love the Archangel, it's very forgiving and floats forever in a tailwind.

Thinking of swapping my Buzzz's for Star Makos on the mids. Ever tossed those? The Buzzz is a real staple in my stable and my go-to for so many shots, but I have disc-lust for the Makos...

On your Darts - I still pitch Aviars and my Omega Rubber, but Noah loves his Darts. He has a couple now. He got hooked on the R-pro rubber and just picked up an echo Star Dart. They seem to be a nice "300 foot putter." He's hitting putts from about twice as far as he used to with his Darts.
    Last edited by gusstrand; 08-13-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Light (around 140g) Blizzards float. A secondary reason to throw them over water.

Light discs accentuate problems. Flutter is amplified, nose high throws and everything else.

If you want to throw as far as you can, use those light Bizz"s and start out easy until you get a good flight. Accentuate your wrist bent down, full reach back, pull disk across your chest and rotate snap follo through.

Commit to light discs.

I can throw them far, left or right handed.

Not a big fan of the Dragon, not a consistent disc.

The Blizzards are good in light weights, 130 - 140g

Darts are the new Aviar for me. R-Pro in the Delux Innova bag...

Went down to the neighborhood casual course and shot a -5 this afternoon.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.