Thread: Grilled Salmon - How do you do it?

Grilled Salmon - How do you do it?

My wife keeps asking me to do some salmon on the grill. I have my methods, but want to hear from you guys...

So what's your favorite way to do it?

Charcoal grill, no hot spices...
    Last edited by gusstrand; 07-17-2012 at 12:47 PM.

On Saturday we grilled a rainbow trout of about 24 inches. I cut off the head and tail, split it lengthwise and removed the spine, and put the pieces skin side down on a metal grid that had been oiled with corn oil. I cooked it over a few coals in a covered grill, and pulled it out in about ten minutes.

I'm not killing wild fish of that size; my three year old granddaughter reeled it in at an area trout farm that morning. The fish was fresh. I didn't put any seasoning on it at all. After it was done I ate mine without any seasoning. My wife added salt and pepper to hers. The granddaughter dipped hers in ranch dressing. To each his (or her) own. We ate half at that meal, and ate the other half the next day in cold trout sandwiches.

That's a pretty simple grilling procedure, but it works for me. The water at the trout farm is very cold, and the fish tasted good, though a wild fish might have been even better.

Hi, actually grilled salmon is one of my family's favorite dishes. My recipe for this is very simple. I only add a bit of salt and pepper to the salmon to taste. I also add a pinch of sugar and oyster sauce and that's it. I only grilled salmon on a sizzling plate in a very low heat. Before cooking, please do not forget to put butter on the plate to prevent the fish from sticking. I hope this could help you:)
    Last edited by Karen Kalla; 12-17-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Aloha, I love to cook salmon on a cedar or alder plank. I soak the plank and put the fillet skin side down. I like to put Lilikoi butter, passion fruit, on as a glaze and let it carmalize on the fish. I sprinkle on some crushed mac nuts and it is awesome. The copper river is the best because it already has a nutty flavor to it. Fun to grill and smoke fish. Mems.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.