Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sno-fly ix midge swap

I figured you guys were hiding on a stream somewhere !!! lol I should be doing that, but the only thing I have been doing is at the vise !!!!! Welcome aboard Roy and Andy !!!!! KIller Deadly looking 28 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like !!!! PM me the recipe !!! Could use a few in my box !!!!!!!
    We have 2 spots left to fill on the list. Only one if Adam decides to play and tie a Tenkara Midge.
    Last edited by Alpinefly; 10-24-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Danged Fashionistas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAOHHHHHHHHHHCRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 310914_289212784438819_100000503007050_1245392_231602970_n.jpg  

Sno-fly swap

John,

I will submit my Chrystal Chironomid I use for Still-water midge pupa. It has been a very good pattern in our regions lakes.

Tak

Cool

Excellent Rick !!! I have been talking to my brother Steve (Colorado Springs) when it comes to fishing on Spinney, Elevin Mile, and Antero. He was asking me as to what worked, and I told him you were the man with the knowledge. For those of you in the Colorado Springs area, Rick and Jerry will be heading up there to do a tying demonstration. I hope Jerry (Hubka) will post a few pictures of some of his Midges. Very deadly patterns (and deadly is always good) !!! We still have 2 spots on the list to fill. This is going to be the best year yet for Sno-Fly. I am very excited. So many great Midge patterns that have surfaced this year (Ok...OK Bad PUN lol).

A Winter's Mid Afternoon, and Hatching Snow Flies in the Snow Bank along the stream can be magical. A small miracle emerging from the bitter cold. Dimples of life in the stream as the trout pick off these delectable little Christmas candies and the bend of your Fly Rod as a trout takes interest in your Christmas present. Diptera Midges make up the largest piece of pie when it comes to aquatic insects in North America (over 100 species), and also many parts of the world. These morsels can be found mostly in tail waters, but don't overlook small streams and fertile lakes. You can find these morsels 365 days of the year, and yet, this is the most overlooked hatch. Since Midges (most of the species) are small, Trout are not willing to move very far to eat them. With a lot of Midges on the water, your pattern can easily be ignored. Persistance, the right pattern, accuracy and presentation are key to success. Here is a Hatch Of Snow Flies from a Snow Bank along the stream on a Winter Afternoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails midges  The Snow Fly Hatch.jpg  
    Last edited by Alpinefly; 10-25-2011 at 02:15 PM.

The Tanytarsus (or Female Green Midge)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LKWKLKNKZKUK0KWK5QNKRK6K6QO0VQT02Q10LKT0PQT06QO08QJ01QLS9QTKQKB0UQA0RKPKQKT08QFemale Tanytarsus .jpg  

An Emerging Midge Pupa hanging in the surface film shows why Roy Christie's Avon Midge emerger is very deadly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnailCAP6G4DU Midge Pupa Supended In Surface Film.jpg  

The Tanypod Midge Larva !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tanypod-midge-lg Tanypod Midge Larva.jpg  

Polypedilum Midge Larva !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails polypedilum-lg Polypedilum Midge Larva.jpg  

Blood Chironomid !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Midge_Larvae1 Blood Chironomid #2.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.