Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Sno-fly ix midge swap

Get well soon so you can get back on the water.

Got flies. Awesome as usual. I am honored to be included as a tier in this class.
    Back surgery rehab is challenging but you will feel like a new man upon rehab. By end of summer you will be rock hopping around Mt Lemmon.
    Jeff

I thought I had been on this thread to acknowledge the receipt of my flies. That grey hair catching up with me. I apologize for not letting all of you know how much I appreciate the swap flies and what an honor it is to participate. Thanks for another fabulous swap. avril

Cool

Oops......the Gray hair is definetely catching up with me (and the pain meds are doing an Ozzy Osbourne fry on my brain lol) !!! I know that Roy got his and will try to post pics (he is out fishing on the Test......Tight Lines Roy) !!!
    Last edited by Alpinefly; 03-10-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Nice bunch of fly's. Thanks for taking the time to take all of the photo's. Mine is number 15 on the list above. My real name is Jimmy K. Crain Jr.

Roy,
    Thanks for posting all the pics. Mine is the inverted parachute midge, #10
    Anthony Naples
    My blog is www.castingaround.com
    Last edited by Anthony; 03-13-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks for posting pics Roy. Here is link to mine. CDC midge emerger. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D1V3SBvBum...ofly2011+4.png. avril

Red face

Once again, I give a lot of thanks to Roy for his work with the pictures. Much better then what I could have done.
    I apologise in that there were some Midges missing Toe Tags. As Roy said, once he did pictures, Toe tags came off, so
    not knowing who was with what. Here is what I have so far according to Roy's numbering system with his blog.
    #20: Rick Takahashi ; TAKS Crystal Chironomid
    #19 Jerry Hubka UL Red Riser (?)
    #18 John Larson Size 28 Baby Rootbeer Buzzer
    #17 Reel Sister (name of pattern ?)
    #16 Krystal Emerger (name of Tyer ?)
    #15 Jimmy Crain (Pattern name ?)
    #14 Anthony Naples size 18 Upsidedown Emerger
    #13 Gary Hitterman (Pattern name ? He did 2 patterns; one is a size 20 Floro (chironomid thangy......Sorry Gary)
    #12 John Larson Sabasa Kabari (Yusurika) Adult Size 20 This is a Tenkara Pattern of mine.
    #11 Ian Christie Olive with Flame Orange Cheeks Buzzer
    #10 ???
    #9 John Larson Tanytarsus Adult Cripple Size 24
    #8 John Larson Size 18 Glo-Lite Series Blood Chironomid Larva (non-bead)
    #7 John Larson Size 18 Glo-Lite Series (non-bead) Blood Chironomid Larva
    #6 John Larson Size 24 Transluscent Series Flash Chironomid (Red) ; Tied also in Orange, Pink, Olive, Tan, & Chart.
    #5 ???
    #4 ???
    #3 John Larson Size 16 Virtual Horse Fly
    #2 Roy Christie
    #1 ???

I am sure that I am missing something here, but this is what I know of what is what on Midges.
    I am operating with Dangerously high bloodpressure right now (199/108) and if it does not come down after another shot of Clonodine, I am heading to the Hospital. I have been in bed comatose all day, so again I thank you all (especially Roy) for the great work you have done on this swap. The pics even though they are great, do not give the Midges real justice (you have to really see these in your hand under the proper light or against the water & with magnification). It takes a super Macro Lens and super great Digital Camera with all the proper light, bells & whistles to go with it.
    I take a look at each one of these Midges in hand with the proper magnification and correct light, and then I am able to see the amazing work that was done on each one of these patterns. **** Please, post your recipe for the Midge pattern you tied. What we have are great samples to work from (it is better to tie from a recipe; if I were to lose any of these while fishing, I would cry big time. I have learned over the many years that what beautiful patterns I recieved should have been archived for future reference (to tie). I could kick myself for some of the great patterns I have lost (even as a kid); like some classic Wet Flies I received from a 101 year old guy ( a real front range legend) in Lyons, Colorado; or some classics I received from Hank Roberts.....etc................you get the picture......to this day I cry and kick myself. The great patterns I still have in hand I keep, I tie up one from the sample. Enough said........PLEASE POST RECIPE TO YOUR GREAT MIDGE PATTERN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS & TIGHT LINES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Alpinefly; 03-13-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks John,
    I have updated the pics to reflect same,
    ket me know of the others as we can...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.