Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sno-fly ix midge swap

Hybrid View

Rick Takahashi Midge Emerger

Here is a Midge Emerger designed by Rick Takahashi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GetAttachment Rick Takahashi Midge.jpg  

http://youtu.be/7CBNdTvif2M

This is the link to my Virtual Horse Fly Video Tutorial. If it does not work, let me know, and I will forward the video and recipe to you via e-mail if you request.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 110302-Smallstreams-Midge-Swamp-John-Larson-16-Virtual-Horse-Fly.jpg  
    Last edited by Alpinefly; 10-29-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Cool

Gary Hitterman sent me an e-mail letting me know that he has a good friend that wanted the last spot on Sno-Fly. Knowing Bighand, he has a great circle of excellent fly tyers (in this instance, flea tyers). With that said, this Swap is now officially closed. I will PM everybody on the list my mailing address. Remember that the deadline to send Midges in is December 1st (there is plenty of time to GET-ERRR-DONE............NO CHUFFERS) Then there is my great friend Roy. You want to talk about a loyal Sno-Fly veteran ??? Last year, the poor guy had to tie three sets of Midges; with three sets lost in the mail. Two sets showed up, and everyone came out with some quality Reversed Parachute Midges. Now that is loyalty and preserverance. Please, if there are any problems or questions, CONTACT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you will contribute any pictures or relevant Midge information that may be helpful to all. I always have tried to make this swap educational.
    Again, to all of the tyers on the Sno-Fly IX list....................WELCOME ABOARD !!! I am very excited, look forward to seeing everybody's Midges, and this being the best Sno-Fly Swap yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Alpinefly; 11-01-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Swap Fly

Finally was able to log on and boy have I missed some great conversation! Alpinefly the midge photos rock. Thanks for posting. My swap flies are on the way! I look forward to your ties! avril
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails midge_emerger.jpg  

Cool

Thanks avril !!! Just love the looks of those Midge Emergers (they look very deadly) . Working on a big Wet Fly order right now, so my tying desk is one heck of a mess (trying to get where I am happy with the wings), then I can put more attention on Midges. I am certainly excited, and still ask for any contributions to be posted to add to our educatiion on Midges. I don't know about you, but I am always learning something new, especially when it comes to all of the Midge species, how to design better Midges, and how to fish them.

I received a package from Jim Crain today, with some very nicely tied Miracle Midge Variants . Thanks Jim !!!
    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I am partaking of Thanksgiving Feast part 2 (as if my body was not put through enough of a Triptophan shock). December 1st is the deadline for sending the Midges. That is fast approaching.

Sno-Fly IX UPDATE

Three packages are in so far. Hortoncreek got the mailing address and is sending his. Andy Baird just sent me a cell phone text asking for more time (due to problems at work, or he is fighting for employment survival. He should move to Arizona where Solar Energy is Big Business). I am not sure as to how much more time he needs, and I feel that is up to you. Please let me know if any of the rest of you are having problems (deadline or any other). It is rough all over for everyone these days. I find sanity at the vise, and out on the water, otherwise I would go totally nuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just received a package from Anthony with some excellent Inverted Midge Emergers (upsidedown). I especially love this stage of Midge development since the Midges are the most vunerable to the Trout, and big Trout know it. Thanks Anthony !!!
    We have two sets of Midges in from Bighand; The Mimi Kinks and a size 20 Midge Chironomid (red), and both with the Signature Bighand quality (can't wait to see one in the lip of a large Trout or Bass). While we have been freezing with overcast and rain (along with snow up in th mountains), Bighand just down the road has been getting dusted. Yes, he is in the famous Haboob country that makes drives between Tucson and Phoenix very scary.
    This was a great day to stay under the covers in bed, stay warm, or sit at the vise with a good drink. I chose to stay under a warm blanket and dream Of Midge fishing for Big Trout with some of these great patterns from Sno-Fly IX !!!
    Last edited by Alpinefly; 12-03-2011 at 08:53 PM.

If you have some no shows/no responds like you mentioned let me know and I would be happy to tie another round of them to send over to you. I'm also close. I'm on the other side of you and Gary over in Chandler hehe.

Cool

Thanks jojackc for the offer. I did receive contact from Ian Christie (on the list) from Perth, UK and he is getting his Buzzers posted to the States (should be 3-5 days via airmail). For right now we are OK. Will contact you if things change .
    Last edited by Alpinefly; 12-16-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.