Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Sno-fly ix midge swap

Cool Sno-Fly IX UPDATE

Last, .....but not least.......Andy Baird's package of Midges finally arrived in the mail today (second package). His first package (?) who knows where it is (kind of like Roy's first package last year). I get the feeling that Andy Baird, and Roy Christi are Fly Fishing Houseold names in the UK, and somewhere, some Postal or Customs person is enjoying Andy and Roy's Midges on a stream..........or they are forever lost in Postal limbo.
    The Midges look fantastic Andy (his Fly Patterns are always nice). I will get all Midges sorted and send packages back out (let me know when you get your package). I want to thank everybody on the Sno-Fly IX list for taking out their time to share their talent and Knowledge of Midges. The Sno-Fly Tyers (past and present) are what have made the annual Sno-Fly Midge Swap successful, and the worldwide showcase of Midge patterns. If you have not yet posted your pattern recipe, please do so. Roy offered to take pictures of all the Midges. Either way, pictures will soon be posted, and I will post my pattern recipes as well. Now I do hope I can get in some fishing before they wheel my butt (and the rest of me) into surgery. Again, Thanks & Tight Lines !!!!!!!!!

Cool Sno-Fly IX Update !!!

As of today (Feb. 14th), I have sent some of the packages that did not require postage/additional postage (metor), or filling out Customs forms.
    I will try to make a trip to the Post Office to get the rest of these packages sent. Let me know when you receive package.
    Tight Lines !!!
    John (Alpinefly)

The midge swaps flies arrived in the mailbox today. Nicely tied flies is what I found. I will have to wait till pictures are posted to match fly to tyer. Almost all them are free of their tags. I will be studing them more so I can tie a few of them up. Thanks John for hosting a great swap.

ditto on what Gary said. I also recived my flys today. Can't wait to go catch some fish on them! I just hope everyone recived the correct flys. I actually recived a few doubles.
    Last edited by jojackc; 02-14-2012 at 10:28 PM.

??? There were a few flies that did not have toe tags. Most of the Midges did. Certainly all the ones that I tied did. I had all tyers on the table and dealt evenly. I know that at least a couple tyers might have tyed enough for everyone to have two apiece. I will go back and study what was in my box. I still have the 2 boxes of Donor Midges. As of this date, I have some packages that need to be metered at the Post Office, and at least 3 that will need Customs forms filled out as well, then they will be sent out. I will also see what I can do with the Digital Camera that I have. I am waiting for pictures to be posted and everyone to get their packages before I post my recipes. There are some tyers that have not posted recipes yet, and I do urge you to do so. From what I saw of every Midge pattern, I have to say that all the tyers on this year's Sno-Fly Swap set the bar very high, and I certainly can't wait to get out and fish these.

Looking forward to receiving the package. I will post pattern when I get my package as I can't remember what i tied, I think it was the Eyemerger
    Jeff

Today is one of my good days as I am able to get out of bed, and will be able to get to the Post Office to send out the rest of the packages (that needed metered and some needing Customs Forms). I do apologize for the delay; I have been bedridden. On days like this I am able to catch up on much needed tying. I will also be experimenting with proper lighting and background to see if I can get decent pictures of the Midges. The Digital Camera I have is good but does not have a Macro Lens which I believe is very important in photographing small fly patterns such as Midges. Please let me know when you get your package. I have only heard from two people to confirm they have theirs, and I do know that I sent out well more then two packages already. Thanks for your patience.
    Last edited by Alpinefly; 02-27-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Received/Confirmed. Get yer butt back to bed and get well.

Cool

Feeling much better. Blood Pressure had been dangerously low. Doc has adjusted the meds. Blood pressure much better today. Pain is not so bad in the back if I don't over-do things. Using Pain Meds, Heat, & Tenz Unit. Jacuzzi helps too (but could not do that when my blood pressure was dangerously low).
    Doctor has be on another Antibiotic to handle an infection that has been hard to knock out. Been up and catching up on a lot of tying. Kinda wish I could get out and go fishing today. Nice and sunny and getting up to 78. That means it is low 60's up on Mount Lemmon. Beautiful fishing weather. Urban lakes are great too. Reports of 17 & 18 inch Rainbows caught at Lakeside , and one 22 incher (Eastside Tucson). Getting cabin fever. I must get in some fishing before they wheel my carcus in for spinal surgery (April 9th). After that, I will be down and rehabbing for 6 months. Fishing will be out of the question till about mid Summer. Easy to get bad cabin fever on a day like this and meee casting arm is going spastic !!! Thanks Gus !!!!!

Got my flies - all the best, hope you're back on the water soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.