Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Mexico and Colorado, Spring Trip with Adam

Every direction you would head from Alamosa, there was fantastic fishing and hunting. If you got tired of Trout and Grayling, there was always Sanchez and large Northern Pike. Lots of great beautiful mountain wilderness to camp and explore no matter which direction you headed !!!

alpinefly-nice!

ksbioteacher-thx. actually i did not use any filter. the air is so clear up there in the caldera that you can get that deep blue in your shots without any filter.

ksbioteacher-thx. actually i did not use any filter. the air is so clear up there in the caldera that you can get that deep blue in your shots without any filter.
    Is it true!? In our country, it is impossible to take such a picture as the first one without a PL filter, because the air is always humid and filled with scattering light.
    Fishing in such a beautiful, mountain meadow stream is my dream. Thank you for taking me to a virtual trip to such a stream.
    Also, I’m glad to know how Adam looks like at last.

Satoshi

I will post a picture of me taken today.

I cut my beard but I am growing it again.
    Last edited by adam; 09-17-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

satoshi and ksbioteacher,
    i made a mistake. i did use a polarizer on the shot of adam in the valles caldera. sorry about that. but it is very high and was very dry too so that helped saturate the sky and help the clouds to stand out better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	256

For Satoshi san.

I am hiking a lot, every tuesday evening I do a one hour loop hike in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve. I took this photograph with my iPhone and thought you might like to see what it was like when my heart was pounding at 160bpm.

I'm getting rid of the fat belly.

It took me years to get fat, it is going to take some time to get back into shape.

I'm well on the way.

What has been seen can not be unseen... :)

Totally get the exercise... I was on massive prednisone over the holidays last year and ballooned. Since we have exactly no mountains here, I did the "Couch to 5K" program this spring and did a couple 5K's. 44 years old and I've never liked running, until now. These days run about four miles three mornings a week. Feel better than I have in years.

Prednisone will change your personality while you are taking it. Agitated, depressed, hyper. Always be careful and aware of that.

I have to add in another day of exercise to keep the metabolism up.

Today is a very special day, I got the call, the message sat there in my phone, I didn't even know all day and listened to it after dinner with my family for the first time. I am being courted for my old position back. I'll be working at the same hospital as Pete (BIGCAT that wasn't) and he doesn't know it. I think I am going to take it. New chapter in life, back to the position that I started smallstreams.com with. Unreal.

Gus, jobs can come from out of the bleu, this is how it goes for me.

adam,
    how strange, but congrats.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.