Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers please... Laid off

Prayers please... Laid off

My position was eliminated in a restructure last week, and I have found myself unemployed.

Your kind thoughts, prayers, smoke are appreciated.

-Gus

Sorry to hear that. Been there myself also December will be 3 years. I.ve decided to what I use to and that minor home repairs among other things. Just getting started. Bad time in the economy to try to start a business. But oh well you gotta eat.

Fry
    My prayers are with you, Gus. Times are tough. I'm on a pension , but I have two sons in construction that have had a tough time as of late.(One, a jurneyman electrician, was out of work for nearly two years untill recently getting a job changing semi tires for just over minimum wage.) Even my son with 13 years in the Navy was told that everyone will be reviewed to see if they are 'candidates for retention'! I'm praying that better times are coming soon, for you and everyone else in a bind these days.

Gus,
    Sorry to hear about misfortune.My wife and I will pray for you and you family.Stay strong .

David

I will pray for you and you family.

You will survive, know that.

Know that we all understand your position and want you to succeed.

Positive thoughts headed your way...

Sign up with headhunters, recruiters, your job now is to find a job, my point is that you still have to keep life in order.

You paid for un-em, time to use it.

Wishing you the best.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

smallstreams.com plankowner martin_b's Avatar
    My thoughts are with you Gus. Are you totally screwed financially or how is it? I have, along with almost everybody else around here with a job, a type of insurance that guarantees me about 80% of my salary for up to a year if I were to be laid off. Do you have anything similar or how is it where you're at? Just curious.

Martin

Sorry to hear that, keep the faith I am sure a better job awaits. It is their loss. Mems.

Guss, Been there had that happen. You're in my prayers.

I add my prayers.

The risk of bad emotional/psychological impacts is very high right now. Don't succumb, or it will be harder to find that next employment.

Adam is right, your job now is to find the next job. Develop an agressive business plan to find that job, and follow through full time.

You're not alone. Some others in this community have been forced to reinvent ourselves. Some of us have never found an equivalent position, and some of us have found even better lives.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.