Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Meadow Stream

Mountain Meadow Stream

I had the chance to get out for awhile yesterday and fish a high country meadow on the Eastern slope of the Sierra. With all of the water we've had this year, many of the streams that would normally be too low and warm to fish are running at early June levels instead of what we typically see this time of year.

The meadow is full of grasshoppers so the fly of choice was a size 12 yellow stimulator. I fished about a mile of the stream and caught a nice mix of wild rainbows and brookies; missed a lot more than I landed.

The rod in the picture is a Steve Kiley 3 wt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Summers Meadow_1.jpg   Summers Meadow_2.jpg   Summers Meadow Rainbow.jpg  

Grizzly Wulff that's a really nifty little stream there !

Awesome little playground there. Those a special little treats, crawl on your knees and drop dries all afternoon.

That's the epitome of a small (Tiny) stream, just a line in the grass; but Oh, how beautiful! You Lucky Guy. I like the rod BTW; and the S, handle reel, What's the make and model?

M

How nice!
    I can't believe such a small stream holds a lot of trout.

Satoshi

For Mostyn - Mike Clark, the bamboo rod maker from Lyons Colorado has them made to spec. This one is a South Creek Limited 3/4 and weighs 5.29 oz. They are designed after the Von Hoff reels.
    For Satoshi - You would be surprised at how many fish a small stream such as this can hold. There's another one I fish that is so small you can straddle it, yet I've taken Brook Trout up to 13 inches from it's small pools.

Steve Kiley crafts beautiful sticks. Nice match with the South Creek Ltd reel. I hear you that out west the snow pack has resulted in everything being late this year. Thanks for sharing!

That looks like great fishing, the stream seems to go forever.

Just one of the Thousands of meadows in Cali. love the place hate the politics.Glad to see you get out and fish.

Thanks David

Wild bows, and brookies.
    Beautiful stream.

Thanks

Brk Trt

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.