Thread: water close to home

water close to home

Despite its small fish and bushwacking required, for some reason I itch to get back to this little stream that is 20 mins from my house every year. I don’t even need to fish it much, just being there is good for me. Bow & arrow casts or even just dropping the fly into a dinner plate sized lie are the main strategies. Due to the high flows all over the PNW, this was the first time I had been to this stream this year. It is always great to see this little slice of heaven was still there…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small stream 3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	174

The flows were still significantly higher than what I’ve ever seen in late July, the fish were looking up and readily took dry flies. I’ve probably caught close to a hundred clones of this little guy

Name:	cutt 6.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	175

I’ve always thought of this small blue line as the water that is closest to where I live, this year while sitting on the back & watching the water, I began to think that these are my home waters

Name:	small stream 1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	176

Wow. So cool. Reminds me of a place I used to go alone and with my son when we lived in Medford. Sweet little creeks. Thanks for sharing!

Very nice home waters!

A nice little stream!
    Is the fish coastal cutthroat?

Satoshi

Just goes to show how close to childhood we anglers are; do we ever really grow up? That first taste of flowing water in childhood stays with us for the rest of our lives and we never forget our first experience of such a wee stream as this. I can happily relive 70 years of nostalgia looking at these photos. Lovely, just lovely!

Awesome stretch of water - and only 20 mins away - bonus

smallstreams.com plankowner ofuros's Avatar
    Fine looking blue line & emerald greenery...thanks for sharing cti111.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.