Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indicators: (Please, a little help)

Indicators: (Please, a little help)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Indicator.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	173

Hey guys, I know one of you has knowledge where to get these indicators.

I have two left, the original two that I bought but I realize they are doing double duty now and I need a couple to have in reserve.

If you could leave a link where to buy them online, that would be very cool. If you see them in person, I will pay you for a couple, white, grey, light colors or one of each.

These indicators are the best that I have found commercially available for my type of hinged line indicator technique.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. for those of you that don't know, the little sleeve in the picture pulls back to reveal a "hook" that grips on your line, the indicator can then be placed anywhere on the line which is very helpful for weight of fly, depth and flow adjustment.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

C'mon boys, someone has to know where to get these...

Well,

We don't have indicators like that here! Looks more like a shuttlecock!

I don't use indicators, but we have a system here whereby using a special slip knot you can slide a bushy fly or up or down your leader to vary the depth.

If I can find a link I'll post it.

Bill

I used to make them out of egg yarn and greased em up with flotant... that one looks cool.

It is very cool, you can adjust it easily, take it off, it just solves a problem quickly and it indicates well. I have two, I only use one but I will tell you, I really would like to have a few more just in case. I feel like a hoarder but hey, you find something you like...

Anything about indication, I'm up for. It is a mystical skill that I always pay attention to. I am fishing a pole these days and this indicator really shines with that technique.

Indicators are one of those bad juju topics in the steelhead world I came from, but I've always used them, and think they're great tools. Any distinguishing marks on those?

Oh - I also used to love biostrike putty. Seems for the long reel-less rods it might be the ticket as well...

Fishing is fishing.

I used to use Biostrike when Orvis distributed it long ago but I learned quickly that lighter indicators worked much better.

Still looking...

Can't find those anywhere - my google-fu is not strong with this one!

That is my point.

I searched "online fly shop" and went down the list pretty far, all the big names, nadda, zip.

Will try a different angle, giving it a break.

Seems that you could make your own in about a minute with a hank of egg yard (or similar), a narrow piece of plastic tubing (say, from the innards of a discarded ballpoint pen), and a piece of narrow, stiff, but bendable wire (like a straight pin). Adust the sizes of all parts to the intended stream flows, leave the egg yarn long on purpose, and then trim that back on stream for the immediate conditions.

I'll take a little while to make something from materials on hand rather than spend time looking for a difficult to find perhaps discontinued commercial product.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.