Thread: More adventures out West

More adventures out West

Aloha, I have some more adventures to share from my recent trip to the rockies. This is me hunting leopards at the Denver Zoo.

We went through the Snowy Range out side of Laramie, there was a lot of snow.

I was going to float the North Platte, but the water was too high. We stopped for ice cream instead. Even the hot springs were closed because of flooding.

We decided to stay in the Virginian Hotel in Medicine Bow. It is like sleeping in a museum or on a movie set. Quant old victorian style rooms.

Then it was on to the Tetons and Jackson, Wyoming. We had a nice cabin on Flat Creek.

This was the view of the creek behind the cabin. I caught some nice cutts there.

It was high water everywhere, so I spent a lot of time with the family doing fun activities.

Like going to yellowstone.

We saw lots of wildlife like this bear.

We did some white water rafting on the snake, and some horseback riding.

Luke and I did a float on the South Fork, with guide Mark Fuller. It was high water, but we did catch some nice fish.

The Highlight of the day was Luke getting this nice "DooDoo" Brown. He faught it like a champ and was pretty happy. Mark is a great guide and worked hard, it was just tough fishing in the high stained water. Next time I will share the float we did on the Green River, a much better experience. Still it was fun to be in Jackson for a week. Mems.

looks like a great trip! sorry to hear about the water level but they are still great looking fish!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.