Thread: Hello from the Driftless Region

Hello from the Driftless Region

My home waters are the 600 or so miles of spring creeks in southeastern Minnesota. Most of them are small streams, although a few are canoeable. My life goal is to fish all of the designated trout streams - more than halfway there.

Once in a while I cross the border into Packer Land and fish Wisconsin's spring creeks. Together with the northeastern part of Iowa and a little bit of Illinois, the Driftless Region is worth your packing a rod and reel if you are ever venturing this way. (In fact, shoot me an e-mail and I can probably point you to worthwhile water with public access.)

Not at all related to the above offer, I am a part-time fly-fishing guide, a trout angler becoming acquainted with smallmouth on the fly, a recently retired printing sales rep, and a life member of the FFF. Glad to see this site is back.

Hey Bob,
    Good to see you here. Ever try the Red Horse Fly in the Driftless?

The Driftless...you are a lucky angler troutchaser.

Ya hey der der, you should have a lienenkugel with that hemmingway doncha know! Mems.

Fry
    Hi troutchaser
    Just joined, myself. I live probably 300 miles straight North from you. You're in some great country down there. My wife and I visit that end of the state as often as we can

Hey,

From the driftless too... Southeastern Minnesota.. Don't know what's so lucky about living in the DA.. there's no fish up here ;)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.