Thread: Sunsine & the dry fly.

Sunsine & the dry fly.

Arrived on the Stream a little before Noon, a lot of the Higher Streams are running low on water & becoming stale, its been a dry spring, with very little water, so the day was spent on a pretty little stream, that is more low lying than i would usually fish.

Looking at the longer clear pools a lot of fish where feeding on Midge, so a Black Size 18 Klinkhammer, with a Yellow post for the faster water, was a very good choice.

Lifted this Guy, on the second cast, nice trout for the stream, might turn into a good day????.

Took a while ((Slow Carefull Wading )), this long Glide, lifted a lot of fish, that where more than eager, to sip in the little klink, (( WARNING LOW SIDE ARM CASTING ONLY )) would have been a good title here. This little Glide becomes very tight in the summer months.

The pools opened up a little, To let warmth of the spring sunshine in, a little easier to cast also.

Its hard not to spook any of the trout, lying in the thin water at the tail of the pool, but with a low presence & carefull wading, the reward was 2 nice browns. Correct fly placement, first cast, with the (( ROBERT GORMAN ROD )).

This was (( TIGHT )) I had to croutch in the water, with a wet ass & very little room for a cast, up into the right hand side of the pool, but with a little skill & a rod that would give me Razor Sharp Loops when needed this trout was taken. (( GREEN RIVER RODS )) 6 foot 3 line. RAWSONS PLACE. Sure is a very good rod for this kind of fishing. TIGHT & TOUGH.

Further upstream the stream changed, more faster water & laurell on the banks with some shade.

Sitting on a large stone,in the shade, looking upstream, this did make for a nice view, at what lay ahead. Sure LOOKED GOOD. After a little lunch, streamside.

Changed to a small nymph, on these type of short pools, with plenty of takers

Last pool of the day, it was a good day in all, SUNSHINE , TROUT & A DRYFLY.
    Hope you enjoyed a little stream side time with me.??.
    Last edited by Honda450; 04-21-2011 at 09:42 AM.

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner
    I did indeed enjoy the sojourn in the sun with dries....thanks.

Great looking water and absolutly difficult to fish.
    I always have respekt for the long calm stretches. Hard to wade without disturbance.

Thanks for sharing!
    Thomas

My kind of water Thomas! I have 3 small woodland streams I fish, no 9ft rods there

Not only is the stream pretty, so is everything else.
    Great post, and photos.

Brk Trt

Now that would be a great stream to challenge your skills.

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed it.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

It would be a great fun to catch such nice trout in such a pretty little stream!
    Thank you for posting.

Satoshi

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.