Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Shooters?

Cray indeed.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Andrew, my name is adam. I was in the infantry as a medic. I have some training with small arms fire. Now I'm just a civilian with latent interests.

I believe I saw one of your youtube vids was a full auto blip. You must have a license. Or are in a state that allows it. Can you point me to information on having this type of license or do you know much about this sort of thing?

I would like to go there... just for fun.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9145913AAOO1ie

Found a reasonable answer: Yes, no new automatics. You have to buy an old one, limited numbers high prices and a $200 application.

Probably not going to happen...

Andrew is in Oregon.... :)

Yes, and you are in Texas.

Yes, and I am sure he is savy to that class of weapon.

We checked out a P90 yesterday, sweet.

We enjoy shooting and it is a hobby to us, not a lifestyle.

"live by the gun, die by a gun"

I live by a good set of morals and my brain keeps me alive. I own guns because they are serious fun.

Blah blah blah, life is good and so is fishing, small streams.

I thought you were meaning with the full auto stuff. no worries. Texas is sort of weird, Arms-wise. But yeah, guns are fun for me, not really protection...

Yes, class III: http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIF1.html (what happened to the great interface for images, links and such?)

His youtube video was a link to a child shooting a automatic weapon. I figured if he was posting that, he better well know the laws regarding the legal ownership of that sort of weapon.

There are a fixed amount of fully automatic weapons (pull and hold the trigger, it continues to fire bullets) that are registered in the United States. You can apply for a license to the BATF to own and operated said weapon but you must buy one that has already been registered.

Fixed amount = outrageous prices on a machine gun.

It's a cool thing but in essence, a machine gun wastes ammunition for small arms fire...

We just got back from a Gun Show in Phoenix, my first one. Pretty cool that you can buy and sell like that but a good gun store will have all that available.

Anyway, I found what I was looking for. Something like that, I would research on my own but I was hoping to learn a little something maybe from him.

Take care and I got some pictures from the range this morning. We put 250 through the Glock 17...

Soldier Of Fortune Mag. You get all these kits and addons. I was on a rapid fire team. LOve all the assault weapons with the bells and whistles. I know that my stepson (just out of the Army) in Central Bahgdad was a scout and fired some interesting stuff. I got to stay with a retired FBI that had a lot of interesting Weaponry so to speak. I am not sure what this state accepts and doesn't. I even laugh with my bro in Colorado having an Uzi (fun to fire). Well back to the basic Black Powder 6 shooters (I am getting back into that......and my own loads) !!!

Went out again today, into the desert and shot across a valley.

S&W MP-15 .223, Ruger LCP 38, Ruger 9, Glock 17 and a couple of different 22LR rifles.

I shot 200rds throughout the G-17 and a couple of magazines through each of the others.

So much fun.

We set up a table for loading with a spotting scope and another for shooting.

I can't believe how accurate my Glock is, unreal! Actually, I am pretty good at pistol marksmanship.

Guns are super neat.

I bought some good hearing protection too, muffs.

...and got a new automatic Gerber!
    Last edited by adam; 03-24-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

smallstreams.com plankowner

Red face

Boulder busting in the desert . . . kinda miss that . . . and the smell of artemesia tridentata (great basin sagebrush.) Last time for me was 19 something something . . . using a buddies 50 cal . . puffs of white dust at 800-1000 yards. Yup the good ole days . . . when i could still hear

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.