Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooters?

smallstreams.com plankowner jeepster's Avatar

Re: Shooters?

You’ll forget about the zombie apocalypse? I figure that’s the only time I’ll need to start shooting. Except for hunting and all I hunt anymore is opening day dove and quail. Now that I’m older I may start carrying full time everywhere I go. Biggest threats to me have been while traveling and wheeling out in the desert. I never had to shoot in defense but I've ran a few times. I’ve always relied on my athletics to get me out of a jam. I can’t do that anymore.
    jeepster

Time goes on and things change. I bought a ruger p345 last fall for my daily driver. Takes about two seconds to palm and is concealed. I got it after the bill passed last year allowing a firearm in the vehicle on a univ campus. I have a buck next to the seat and it’s still there. I have a buck knife in all my vehicles.

This is the ruger with all the safety features that take some getting used to, especially the auto de-cock. I have two loaded mags and one empty mag used to disarm the dang thing. It has an oversize trigger guard I like. This gun shoots nice and seems to have the recoil of a 9mm compared to a full 1911. Packs a big bang though. It fits real nice in an uncle mikes.

I inherited my mother’s bedside pistol. She kept it in the bed side drawer. I had the matching .38 j frame I shot for almost forty years. The .32 has never been shot except at the factory and is mint. I grew up with shooting and guns and lately I have been looking for a pocket gun. I like the ruger simply because they’re made in arizona. The lcp, lc9 are looking pretty good.

jeepster

Oh, yeah, I did forget about the zombie apocalypse.

The original question was whether anyone carried a handgun while on the stream. None of the places I fish are likely to be the scene of a gun battle between me and criminals.

I support responsible gun ownership and use. Not everyone is responsible enough. Every so often we have another tragic story in Wisconsin or Minnesota of a child killing a friend or himself while handling a bedside firearm. Most of the guns used by gang members in our nearest metro area are stolen from legal owners.

Quote Originally Posted by martin_b
    Pack on stream? I don't do that at all, although I just got myself a Hatson air riffle to get rid of some birds that are feeding a little bit too much on the juvenile fish in one of the becks around here.

Why would anyone pack heat while fishing if I may ask?

Martin
    I don't... of course, if I had my concealed carry license, I'd pack all of the time... :twisted:

Why is there always that stray or two?

I need to get me some of those targets.
    jeepster

They are four for a buck at the range I go to... and are double-wide. Next time I go I'll try to remember and get you a few...

I am a big supporter of the NRA. I enjoy Wing Shooting, and the more ya live in Tucson, a good pistol is important (along with a conceal carry permit).
    even though I carry a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, a gun is better (especially love my Navy Colt Black Powder Cap & ball Six Shooter.......will knock a Bear on its' arse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the Walther P22.

I am deadly accurate with a Army issue 45.

I really like the Glock 9mm, the sub compact that I have shot felt like it was going to "jump" from my hand as I was shooting it. I will have to spend a little more time with it.

I also like Sig Saur, the 9mm is cool, like a spy agent hand gun.

One day, I will own a hand gun, I don't feel it is necessary, especially in the outdoors where it is safe. In the city??? Different story.

I enjoy shooting machine guns, I have shot so many when I was in the army, so many different kinds. They all have different personalities. The M-16 is so user friendly, it seems like a toy. The AK-47 even seems Russian, the UZI seems Jewish... The 50 cal I shot many times was like, "if you can see it, you can hit it" from so far away. I really like shooting full auto with every five rounds a tracer, that's how they used to do it at the ranges in the service. The tracer allows you to see the arc and where it is getting to.

...and then you walk up on what you have shot with a 50, whoa, it kills a car, easy.

Guns are cool, one must be as responsible as one can be, and then some.

I like the little 22's as well, but the "real pistol" ones like the P22 have bad reps for being picky eaters and only liking CCI mini mags. My brother in law has an old Ruger MK I that eats anything and is a hoot to plink with. Of course he also has a tacticool Mini14 and Mac10... among others... You can take the boy out of the Marines...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.