Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooters?

Hybrid View

Shooters?

I have more and more become very much involved with my 9mm pistol of late (an S&W M&P). Anyone else here pistol people? Anyone pack on stream? I'm thinking my Concealed carry license is something I need...

My little friend:

Since that pic was made, I've swapped the mag release to lefty and changed the backstrap out to the large version. Last night I changed the white front sight dot to neon orange. Tomorrow night I'll run ~150 rounds through her at the local range.

Why is there always that stray or two?

smallstreams.com plankowner jeepster's Avatar
    I need to get me some of those targets.
    jeepster

They are four for a buck at the range I go to... and are double-wide. Next time I go I'll try to remember and get you a few...

I am a big supporter of the NRA. I enjoy Wing Shooting, and the more ya live in Tucson, a good pistol is important (along with a conceal carry permit).
    even though I carry a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, a gun is better (especially love my Navy Colt Black Powder Cap & ball Six Shooter.......will knock a Bear on its' arse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the Walther P22.

I am deadly accurate with a Army issue 45.

I really like the Glock 9mm, the sub compact that I have shot felt like it was going to "jump" from my hand as I was shooting it. I will have to spend a little more time with it.

I also like Sig Saur, the 9mm is cool, like a spy agent hand gun.

One day, I will own a hand gun, I don't feel it is necessary, especially in the outdoors where it is safe. In the city??? Different story.

I enjoy shooting machine guns, I have shot so many when I was in the army, so many different kinds. They all have different personalities. The M-16 is so user friendly, it seems like a toy. The AK-47 even seems Russian, the UZI seems Jewish... The 50 cal I shot many times was like, "if you can see it, you can hit it" from so far away. I really like shooting full auto with every five rounds a tracer, that's how they used to do it at the ranges in the service. The tracer allows you to see the arc and where it is getting to.

...and then you walk up on what you have shot with a 50, whoa, it kills a car, easy.

Guns are cool, one must be as responsible as one can be, and then some.

I like the little 22's as well, but the "real pistol" ones like the P22 have bad reps for being picky eaters and only liking CCI mini mags. My brother in law has an old Ruger MK I that eats anything and is a hoot to plink with. Of course he also has a tacticool Mini14 and Mac10... among others... You can take the boy out of the Marines...

smallstreams.com plankowner jeepster's Avatar
    I love em. I had a couple over the years. A little file and polish and you could get 1000 rounds without a jam. We used them for jacks and varmits on the fly.
    jeepster

On the .22 front, I picked up a Ruger MkIII 22/45 - basically one of the most reliable .22 pistols ever made with a 1911-ish interface. The best of both worlds. It's not small, but if I were to pack for self defense, I wouldn't pick a .22 - my 9mm would be strapped to my bod.

Pic of my 22/45:

THAT is a cool plinker.

I think you could shoot a hole in the "o" of a Coke can pretty easy.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.