Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fly Boxes

Re: Fly Boxes

[youtube:1c3d28sl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCuAev4VYUE[/youtube:1c3d28sl]

Sick with envy, in full light.

I would dig that my dear doctor.

btw: besides mine being older than 10 years, those pictured are only a bit of the stack, me gots moor, me don't have the files to match your boxes.

:)
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Brk Trt
    Nice.
    Thats quite an assortment. They look to have been in your possesion for awhile.

Thanks,

Brk Trt
    I dont think i have bought a new one for some twenty years ,I do pick up an odd one that has been pre owned .
    There must be 6 or 7 more to photo,and a few historic ones like the wee hardy neroda ,a steel bodied wheatly clip and a tiny black jappanned Hardy badged Wheatly (sadly non functional due to its previous owner storing it in a damp cellar)

Adam 1970 is a little early probably started buying around 73-74 .

[youtube:3j4ux3br]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szPIxiew68o[/youtube:3j4ux3br]

There is just something about opening a beautiful little metal fly box in the early morning light. Standing there, in the dew, tying one on, the box back in your pocket, having captured the moment in a loving way only to let that moment be visited when called upon. Those boxes have everything to do with it.

Everything.

I think those boxes have to do with time.

Unlike Pandora's, they want to be opened, used, loved.

Plastic is not an ages thing, metal, like bamboo or versa visa, the box captures time only when opened.

That's what I get out of it.

I love that picture doctor, I feel beter now. You have been fixing me up for quite some time thank you.

Anyone use a leather fly wallet anymore? I took a liking to one I was given recently. I don't fish a ton of dries so it has served me well carrying some nymphs, streamers, etc.

I have spent way too much cash on Frickin fly boxes in my life trying to find the perfect one that fits all situations. There isn't one.

My favorite is a tiny little Wheatley my wife bought for me for Christmas several years ago and had inscribed. It goes with me everywhere and is small stream delight. After that my favorite box is a $15 Trout Unlimited double sided see thru box with foam slits that holds a ton of flies. It even floats. I should have bought everyone they had for sale.
    HC

<wink>

I remember that...

Every type of Fly Box, containers, Altoids containers, pill bottles (short of the 150th Anniversary Wheatley I would like to come up with the money to get.........limited edition........................my wife does not understand this insanity (???) !!!
    As one of the prizes for winning a Fly Tying competition, I got another Fly Box (I must fill). They could have given me a supply of all types of hooks (always need that.........and how about saddle hackle tha the fashionistas have made impossible and expensive to get a hold of.........I could use some Olive Saddle). More Fly Boxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aye Yi Yi Yi YI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.