Thread: Fly Boxes

Hybrid View

Fly Boxes

We all have them and some of us have probably to many.
    I would like to see what you guys carry your flies in.
    It dosen't matter what they are, flim canisters, Wheatleys, Altoid tins, etc.

I'll start with the box I recieved for Christmas,
    A C&F Threader box.

Brk Trt

Anyone use a leather fly wallet anymore? I took a liking to one I was given recently. I don't fish a ton of dries so it has served me well carrying some nymphs, streamers, etc.

I have spent way too much cash on Frickin fly boxes in my life trying to find the perfect one that fits all situations. There isn't one.

My favorite is a tiny little Wheatley my wife bought for me for Christmas several years ago and had inscribed. It goes with me everywhere and is small stream delight. After that my favorite box is a $15 Trout Unlimited double sided see thru box with foam slits that holds a ton of flies. It even floats. I should have bought everyone they had for sale.
    HC

<wink>

I remember that...
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Every type of Fly Box, containers, Altoids containers, pill bottles (short of the 150th Anniversary Wheatley I would like to come up with the money to get.........limited edition........................my wife does not understand this insanity (???) !!!
    As one of the prizes for winning a Fly Tying competition, I got another Fly Box (I must fill). They could have given me a supply of all types of hooks (always need that.........and how about saddle hackle tha the fashionistas have made impossible and expensive to get a hold of.........I could use some Olive Saddle). More Fly Boxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aye Yi Yi Yi YI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.