Thread: Hello from Scotland

Hello from Scotland

Hi

I started fishing as a kid with my dad and when he got out of it so did i but not i have returned to it in the last couple of years. Im amazed as what I have remembered and what it is possible to forget in such a short time. I fish the Lochs that I can and some stocked ponds too. I am being helped back in buy a couple of friend who fish for trout and the odd salmon. I would like to try some small stream fishing but I am unsure at the moment of how many small stream are in my area. I know the location of a few but not the quality or quantity of fish they contain.

I look forward to being able to look for advice and tap the knowledge of other members across the country and globe.

What weight rod and line to people use for fishing small streams?

Pete

Re: Hello from Scotland

Welcome to smallstreams Pete! For me, a three or four weight rod in the 7.5-8' range works well in my local streams.

Quote Originally Posted by gstrand
    Welcome to smallstreams Pete! For me, a three or four weight rod in the 7.5-8' range works well in my local streams.
    Thanks gstrand. What size are your local streams?

6-20 feet wide... 6" to ~5' deep.

Pete
    tell us where you are based ,scotland is a wee bit big ,also what rivers you plan on fishing .
    for me my stream rods are mainly 4 weights in 6.6 ,8 and ten foot , with a back up 9ft #5 for all kinds of fishing .

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cormorant With Fish 22x30 Ltd. Edition Japanese Print by Koson Asian art Japan  picture

Cormorant With Fish 22x30 Ltd. Edition Japanese Print by Koson Asian art Japan

$120.00

Vintage Chinese Watercolor FISHING IN MOUNTAINS Wall Hanging Scroll Painting picture

Vintage Chinese Watercolor FISHING IN MOUNTAINS Wall Hanging Scroll Painting

$385.00

KAKEJIKU Hanging Scroll School of Fish Art Painting Japanese picture

KAKEJIKU Hanging Scroll School of Fish Art Painting Japanese

$68.00

Vintage Chinese Large 24

Vintage Chinese Large 24" Hand Painted Sailing Ships~Koi Fish~ Floral Vases Set

$296.25

ANTIQUE MINIATURE OIL PAINTING PORCELAIN FISHING BOAT DEEP BRONZE FRAME EMBOSSED picture

ANTIQUE MINIATURE OIL PAINTING PORCELAIN FISHING BOAT DEEP BRONZE FRAME EMBOSSED

$269.98

Chinese Glacier Lake Fisherman Hand Signed Original Framed Watercolor Painting picture

Chinese Glacier Lake Fisherman Hand Signed Original Framed Watercolor Painting

$895.93

πŸ”₯ Fine Antique Old 18th c. American Folk Art Girl & Ducks Portrait Oil Painting picture

πŸ”₯ Fine Antique Old 18th c. American Folk Art Girl & Ducks Portrait Oil Painting

$475.00

πŸ”₯ Antique Old 19th American Folk Art Great Lake Erie Ohio Seascape Oil Painting picture

πŸ”₯ Antique Old 19th American Folk Art Great Lake Erie Ohio Seascape Oil Painting

$1350.00

Old Chinese Antique painting scroll Fish and Lotus By Qi Baishi ι½η™½ηŸ³ ι±Όε’ŒθŽ²θŠ± picture

Old Chinese Antique painting scroll Fish and Lotus By Qi Baishi ι½η™½ηŸ³ ι±Όε’ŒθŽ²θŠ±

$89.00

Y6471 KAKEJIKU Koi fish carp signed Japan antique hanging scroll decor interior picture

Y6471 KAKEJIKU Koi fish carp signed Japan antique hanging scroll decor interior

$72.00