Thread: Last day of the season

smallstreams.com plankowner martin_b's Avatar

Last day of the season

Today marked the last day of the trout season in fresh water here in Denmark. I had a fantastic day out. Lovely autumn weather with not much wind about and a comfortable temperature that allowed me to fish jacketless all day. What a perfect end to a great season. Could not have hoped for a better season really. This year was the first year with me and my family living next door to a trout stream. Something I have worked hard to make happen for a long time. Never in my dreams had I imagined it would be this awesome. I feel so blessed!

Sadly my camera broke recently so I only had my camera phone with me, but this is what my day looked like. Had two followers (which were of course good fish), but only a small sea trout to hand. The next five months will have me fishing the salt water for the trout that for one reason or the other aren't up in the streams to spawn.

Martin

smallstreams.com plankowner ofuros's Avatar

Re: Last day of the season

Lucky devil, many of us have this dream ! .........enjoy your offseason martin_b.

Ofuros
    Out & about....looking for trout.
    https://ofuros.exposure.co/

What a beautiful stream.
    Life is good.
    A.T.

Nice Martin,

Hope to see you next year?

Regards

M

Very nice fish!
    Looks like the number of black spots is smaller compared with ordinary brown trout.
    Is it characteristic of sea trout?

Satoshi

smallstreams.com plankowner martin_b's Avatar

Mostyn, I will definitely come over next year, before you know it :)

Satoshi, this fish is the same fish as the brown trout I catch in that same stream. Only some of them go out to sea to come back after 1-3 years in which case we call them sea trout. This one must have only been to sea for a year due to its small size. As far as I can tell it has a similar amount of black spots when compared to the resident (brown) trout from the same stream. Only difference from the brown trout is that it is missing the red spots and has a silver colour.

Here are a few pictures of resident trout from the same stream for comparison:

This one actually has a few more black spots.

Martin

Some beautiful Pics of the scenery and Browns!! thanks for sharing.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.