Thread: An introduction

An introduction

I came here mainly because I read that the Sno-Fly swap was being hosted here on flytyingforum.com in a post by John Larson (AlpineFly). A small stream site should be a good fit for me, though, seeing as I can cast across almost every stream I fish.
    I deliver pizza and tie flies to support my fishing addiction. I'm still not sure how I wound up tying "professionally". I started with just one customer, then a couple of his friends, and so on and so on until I wound up with a decent side income.
    I started fly fishing my freshman year of college after I got skunked on the Meramec here in Missouri. I was using a spinning rod and couldn't buy a bite while a guy with a fly rod downstream was knocking them silly. I decided I NEEDED to learn to fly fish. That day was the last time I used a spinning rod except for the occasional catfishing trip with my dad. I didn't do so well at first so I obviosly blamed the flies which led me to start tying my own. About a million wind knots and 8 years later I think I almost know what I'm doing.
    Besides fly fishing I enjoy wood working and working on my Mustang.

-Mike

Re: An introduction

Welcome to smallstreams!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hardy Viscount 140 MK II light alloy classic fly reel with Hardy pouch and box picture

Hardy Viscount 140 MK II light alloy classic fly reel with Hardy pouch and box

$247.98

DOMINICK & HAFF 1894 RENAISSANCE LARGE FISH KNIVES 2 Left SOLD EACH FABULOUS picture

DOMINICK & HAFF 1894 RENAISSANCE LARGE FISH KNIVES 2 Left SOLD EACH FABULOUS

$140.00

Japanese Glass Fish Floats - Amber- Large picture

Japanese Glass Fish Floats - Amber- Large

$93.50

JAPANESE SQUARE AMBER FISHING FLOAT picture

JAPANESE SQUARE AMBER FISHING FLOAT

$27.50

Decorative Fish Net 10ft x 10ft | Authentic Nautical Fishing Net Decor picture

Decorative Fish Net 10ft x 10ft | Authentic Nautical Fishing Net Decor

$25.00

VINTAGE GLASS FISHING FLOAT IN TURQUOISE picture

VINTAGE GLASS FISHING FLOAT IN TURQUOISE

$64.95

Vintage Chinese Porcelain Figurine of a Woman Holding Giant Koi Carp Fish RARE picture

Vintage Chinese Porcelain Figurine of a Woman Holding Giant Koi Carp Fish RARE

$119.99

2.7 cm Old China Tibet Silver Carving Fish Bead Necklace Pendant Gift Collection picture

2.7 cm Old China Tibet Silver Carving Fish Bead Necklace Pendant Gift Collection

$13.99

Superb Chinese Qing Qianlong MK Yangcai Floral Fish Basket Form Porcelain Vase picture

Superb Chinese Qing Qianlong MK Yangcai Floral Fish Basket Form Porcelain Vase

$4600.00

Antique Chinese Jade Fish, Shang Dynasty.  3 1/4 inch picture

Antique Chinese Jade Fish, Shang Dynasty. 3 1/4 inch

$88.00