Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SNO-FLY VIII (Midge Swap) Officially Closed (List Is Full)

Re: SNO-FLY VIII (Midge Swap) Officially Closed (List Is Fu

I want to thank everyone for their patience. :clap: There will be a delay on getting midge packages sent out at least a week at Roy's request. Kudos :bigthumb: to Roy for all the work he has done on this Sno-Fly Swap. He sent the first set of midges out 15 plus days before Christmas. They never arrived in the mail. Roy sent out the second set of Midges December 29th. Once again, the Midges never arrived. Most people by now would say ohhhhh fark it all !!! :roll: Roy has tied a third very beautiful set, as well as sent this registered. I too shall threaten Lizzy's Royal Mail as well as the U.S. Postal system :x (their answer to the lost packages twice in a row was that they are not resposible for lost mail or packages........Ya got to be kidding me !!!! :problem: Who the Sam Bloody Hell is responsible for delivery of our mail if not the Postal service ??? :wtf: This is the first time in all the swaps I have hosted and participated in that I have seen such a problem with the Postal service. I assure you that Roy's tying is well worth the wait !!!!! :bigthumb:

Will there be photos?

Whoever wants to photograph the Midges (anyone who is on the list; I do not have a photography set-up....maybe one of these days), I would very much appreciate it . ;) Roy, I wonder if anyone got a pic of that Flameing Donkey leaping :o to his demise over the Grande Canyon Rim (Barry & Cathy Beck photo in Fly Fisherman Magazine ???) LMAO I may light another Donkey up when set #3 arrives. :twisted: If set #1 ever was to arrive, I have some special lighter fluid to flame out that Donkey (Green Label Jack Daniels, use 1/2 half to light dee Donkey and drink the other half).

Roy's set #3 finally arrived in the mail (via Donkey popsickle) !!!! I will sort all midges out, and get the Sno-Fly packages ready to send back out in the mail tomorrow. At the rate of postal service, this is going to turn into one sweet box of Valentine's Day Trout Candy !!!!!!!!!!! ;) If you have not yet posted your Midge recipe, please do so.
    If anyone can step up and photo these Sno Flies to post on here, I sure would appreciate it !!!!!!! THANKS !!!!!!!!!!

All Sno-Fly Packages have been posted !!!!!!!!

1. Let me know when you get your package (it was packaged the best way possible; some of you sent very small boxes, so a lot has been crammed in what space was provided).

2. If you have not done so already, please post your Midge pattern recipe.

3. Let me know if you are interested in photographing and posting photographs of the Swap Midges (I'd appreciate anyone who would step up to do this).

4. Thanks for your patience (I feel it was well worth waiting for with great Midges from everyone).
    Special kudos to Roy Christie who went above and beyond Sno-Fly duty and tied three sets of #28 Reversed Parachute Midges. I appreciate all of you who contributed in making this once again, a great Midge Swap !!!

I got my flies today. Well worth the wait. I'd take pics but my camera currently resides somewhere in the Little Piney(possibly th Big Piney by now).

-Mike

I'm going to wait for everybody to get their Sno-Fly package, then I will post the recipes for my Midge patterns.
    Mike, you must have received your package via Flameing Donkey !!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all who took part in this, I got my set of flies today;
    thanks John for sticking the course through all my postal nightmare, glad they arrived at last. Looks like US to UK is more efficient for sure.
    Thanks everybody, John, you are a star
    cheers,
    Roy

Got my set.. Can´t tell how they look yet.. need a magnifier first :D

They all were super nice.. thank´s John for hosting and all participants.

Later
    Niklas

Mine arrived yesterday guys, and all are fantastic!!! Now that's an envelope with some skill!

My pattern and it's make-up are listed below, but if it helps, I'll take photos of everyone's patterns this evening and will post on here shortly after.

Thanks again everyone, and a special thanks to John to organising it all :D

Hook: Varivas 2200BL-B, #24
    Thread: Sheer 14/0, black
    Body: Tying thread
    Wing/Shuck: Micro Flash, pearl
    Wing: Three CDC feathers, natural
    Thorax: Squirrel dubbing, natural

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.