Thread: Mushroom Pate - bolletes, chanterelles and shitake

Mushroom Pate - bolletes, chanterelles and shitake

A nice walk in the woods produced these lovelys. The bolletes were used fresh while I reconstituded some dried chanterelles that I had; I also threw in a couple of shitake caps that I had. Here is the lineup.

Re: Mushroom Pate - bolletes, chanterelles and Money

You can eat it as such but I would get my cast iron skillet hot, drizzle some olive oil and saute the slices a minute or two on each side. Then, I would plate it on a glob of garlicy mayo.

I just noticed that the asian mushroom name was changed to "Money". I guess to the similiarity to something else.

Awesome, I wish I could identify and take a few to make a meal.

The Asian markets here have a lot of mushrooms that are dried, it's a ramen or spaghetti dish that gets them.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Hey Adam,

I know a few mushrooms that I will always feed to my family. I also know the mushrooms that I wouldn't touch at all. It is a nice bonus to find choice mushrooms on my fishing and hunting excursions. There is one Brown Trout stream here in NM, that I don't even have to get out of the water to pick them.

I learned about mushrooms in a prior life in Spain. There even tapa bars that specialize in different mushrooms; setas, champiņones and such - a nice glass of riojas makes it devine. Every summer here I lead mushroom hikes to our local mountains for chanterelles, bolletes and oysters.

Here are a few Bolletes that I picked during a trip to fish the Rio Grande up by Creede.

...light through yonder window breaks...

Chanterelles. These shy beautys are wonderful on the plate and to the eye. Preparing them for cooking fills the kitchen with the fragrant smell of apricots.

Okay, okay... Just one more. Sometimes you get lucky and find a sack of quality Chanterelles like this.

OK, OK, So color me green! Mushrooms are one of my favorites...any mushroom! I worked as a produce manager for a lot of years so I ate / sampled lots of mushrooms in the cooler. I know there are lots of wild shrooms available here in Cape Breton, but I am terrified of getting a wrong one...guess I could try it out on my wife first....

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.