Thread: A Better Check Up

A Better Check Up

The month of July has been pretty hot, and dry here in my neck of the woods. The streams have taken a hit and there flows really deminished, causing water temps to rise. I have been monitoring a few streams close to home. I'm happy to say the rains of a few days past have helped vastly, so that I was able to fish one of them for a few hours last week. The stream was brilliantly clear, and the waters were 60 to 64 degrees.

I had decieded to fish a fly that has been around for a spell, but not very often does it show up as being the fly that caught them.

A Royal Wulff

The fly was fished in the slower pools, as well as the riffles and runs and greated in all locations with a solid hit.

A few wild browns that enjoyed eating Royalty.

Fried Native Zucchini,

Brk Trt

Re: A Better Check Up

Good news, nice to hear your streams are doing better, my local streams are still really low and I've had to drive up to the headwaters to do my fishing. Nice choice of flies, now you have to come out here to the Catskills and sling'em in their place of birth, nice post, thank you

I always enjoy your stream reports Brk Trt, but man! Those supper shots always leave me drooling... especially at 22:20 at night after a bottle (or two) of Bernard Dark Czech beer...

Nice photos, and food for thought!

Ditto on the pics of food. Keep those coming! =)

Fry
    England , North Yorkshire between the moors and the sea,

Nice pics but ,making me feel hungry... Sad to see others are suffering for lack of water

;) Nice pictures Brk Trt. I enjoy your posts!!

Brk Trt,

Here, temperature always goes over 90 degrees in the afternoon, but by seeing your pics, I almost feel the cool air in the forest in your place.
    Thank you for posting.

Satoshi

beautiful pics and fish.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.