Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes...

Re: Changes...

At my age sometimes the old way is best, in my opinion, but the new changes to the site are great.

I really do enjoy it.

Brk Trt

Told you Gus.

:D

Originally, we designed the "Front Page" as a portal and this is what we are getting back to. Gus has been helping me develop the idea for Tenkara-fisher and Word Press is perfect for it.

If I could put it simply, the front page is like ahh, the front page of a newspaper.

It is busy because it contains a little of everything.

I think all comments are ok because they lead to one central theme.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

I wanted to try it with WP before doing it here... had looked at the old php portals we used to use when I first revived the place, and whileI wanted that, I didn't like them - too many hooks in to the board software that would make it a horrific event to keep up to date... Then when you wanted it for TK-F, it sorta got me going again as well... Tenkara was the proof of concept/proving to myself it would work. I needed the push to do it here, and you gave it to me last week... :)

So here we are, and the evolution is good. I have the front page contributors/team solidifying, and soon to be contributing, the general comments are positive, now we keep this bus moving, and enjoy the ride. This place is a labor of love for our hobby that also exercises my creative nerd gene.

smallstreams.com plankowner

Two thumbs up from me.

Walt

Gus:

I really like the new front end......... reminds me a lot of the old old days

DD

Dick, did you happen to see the list of folks we have/want on the "team"? Maybe notice other things here when you're at the forums?

I am an idiot as always but i am more observant now. Sorry for the delay info to follow.

DD

:)

Hadn't seen that CMS... will check it out... I've done some joomla sites, and it's OK... but also like the idea of two separate entities with the main site and board... while wondering about one product.

Thanks!

Are all of their layouts that busy or are there different skins and templates? And do they require the ad for their software?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.