Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changes...

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner

Re: Changes...

There are so many options.....I'll throw one more into the mix.

Have you considered the Buddypress plugin for the wordpress....does forums, groups and social network all in one wordpress package.

I'm using it right now on a low traffic biology teachers site---no problems yet....

Interesting.

One of the main considerations is that smallstreams has been on phpBB since the beginning. Adam and I have used phpBB for, like a decade... I know how to use it, and all of the security nuances and whatnot. Not sure I want to give all of that up.

BUT again, the all-inclusive CMS' are interesting.

So... is there a problem with the WP front end and the php forum? I think they integrate pretty well, myself...

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner

I'm not working to convince you that one is better than another. Lord knows, that I don't know which is better... :? I'm only experimenting with the Buddypress--before that I did the same thing you have. I certainly understand staying with the current software, just thought you might not have seen the new capabilities of WP and if you were considering a CMS you'd probably would want to know about it.

No worries there... there are tons of options!

For now, given that I know both of the platforms, I'll stick with this. Someday we may move to a full fledged CMS... Thanks for all of the input, though!

I just started again today and I will have to figure my way around again. I have no comment as yet on the new site. I'm a little slow on these new fangled contraptions so it mitght take me awhile.

Nice suggestion Chef! Me too, I think logo should be change a little bit to attract more viewers.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.