Thread: Danica are out in the UK

Danica are out in the UK

my go too danica pattern,hook is a #12 to give you the scale ,these are big flys .
    those two did sterling work yesterday !

Re: Danica are out in the UK

Hi Andy; Did You tie those flies? I like the look of them and am not at all surprised that they pull fish. Have Fun. Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Hi Andy; Did You tie those flies? I like the look of them and am not at all surprised that they pull fish. Have Fun. Jax
    Jax ,yes dressed a few the night before,shared the patern with my partner for the day ,and it did the biz for both of us ,we had a fun day !
    More than a few fish ,including my best ever grayling on the dry ,a bbq steak mid afternoon ,a couple of glasses of wine to help the digestion ,a wander around my bit of grayling water in high summer ,it looks fantasic when the trees are in fulll leaf,heres a pic from january

Even the end of the day the drive back into London was a joy ,not a single glitch on the way!

Some sweet pics Andy, and very ecellent tying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumb:

Very nice piece of water there Andy, glad you had a good day.

Can't for the life of me see how you have trouble tying the Roughy when you can tie much more delicate flies so well. Keep on Having Fun, and plenty of Bendy Rod Syndrome. Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Very nice piece of water there Andy, glad you had a good day.

Can't for the life of me see how you have trouble tying the Roughy when you can tie much more delicate flies so well. Keep on Having Fun, and plenty of Bendy Rod Syndrome. Jax
    Jax,
    i seem to have mastered the roughy at last,,did me rather well on the Monnow a month or so ago.Just a case of getting the proportions spot on .
    Needed to follow a step by step and study some of your own dressings ,then like most things it gets easy.

Keep on keeping on and have fun !
    Re the pictures I really must get into the habit of using my camera more,had it in my pocket all day sunday and did not take a single picture.

Hi Doc,

Beautiful bit of fly tying on those May Flies (Danica) I cannot tie them; and not likely to try!

Hey, you correct about the camera! You should use it more! - Nice photos.

Regards

Mostyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mostyn
    Hi Doc,

Beautiful bit of fly tying on those May Flies (Danica) I cannot tie them; and not likely to try!

Regards

Mostyn
    Mostyn
    send me an adress will send you a few for next season ,all the gear for that pattern is sitting on the desk ,as i need to dress a few of the spinner varient for next year I always forget and end up using a roughy and ready thing on a long shank hook which just does'nt make me fish confidently.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor
    Hi Doc,

Regards

Mostyn
    Mostyn
    send me an adress will send you a few for next season ,all the gear for that pattern is sitting on the desk ,as i need to dress a few of the spinner varient for next year I always forget and end up using a roughy and ready thing on a long shank hook which just does'nt make me fish confidently.
    in the post today !

Hi Doc,

Regards

Mostyn
    Mostyn
    in the post today !
    A Grateful Thank You! PM sent.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.