It's a wonderful life; and some times It's too good to be true! Recently I've had the opportunity to fish my local mountain stream several times throughout the last 10 days or so; and it has been amazing! The weather has been kind, (well most of the time) today was an exception! (it rained - poured down) But all in all, it's been warm sunny and a pleasure to be out fishing. The stream is just a little low and crystal clear, but looking beautiful all the same, bathed in the shimmering sunlight; and Mother Nature has worked her annual magical feat; and turned the foliage several shades of green! My fishing of late has been a solitary affair, just me, with my 7ft, #2/3,weight fly rod, a silk line that I'm becoming very fond of, a box of artificial flies - some sandwiches and a drink! But when you look around at all that beauty mother nature has provided, you realise that your not really alone! There are so many sights and sounds for company. The stream babbling & gurgling, the breeze rustling though the trees and bushes, the bird song; and the sound of your silk line as it passes through the rod rings, ( silk lines make a nice sound when casting) then there's the excitement and anticipation, that every presentation of your fly on to the water, may produce a fish on the end of your line; and sometimes it does!! Solitary? Yes! Lonely? Not with Mother Nature for company! I sometimes pinch myself, just to make sure I'm really experiencing this wonderful life!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I thank God every day, for this wonderful Gift!