Two thing that have never happened to me in all the years of fishing happened to me this weekend.

I have been fishing this stream early mornings now for a week or so.
The stream was dark when I arrived and I tossed out a Bomber and was soon into a fine brown. After his release I moved to a slow moving pool. There are several root clusters that go down into the water. Slightly below there were fish rising, perhaps taking ants. While figuring how I was going to present my fly along the roots, and below I noticed movement on the roots.
I continued to look at the area of movement to try and determine what it was. And I did, it was a mouse. Suddenly he jumps into the stream and starts to swim for the other side. The pool exploded and something had that mouse. He struggled for a few moments and managed to free himself and swim to the other side. I stood there a few minutes and trie to figure out what whacked that mouse. I proceded to drift that Bomber through the pool and on the third drift a brown hit, although I don't think he was the fish that tried to take the mouse.

This is the root cluster that the mouse jumped from

This is the brown that hit the Bomber just past the roots.

The second first. Thinking to myself if there is a fish in this stream big enough to eat a mouse, why not fish a streamer.
I did just that and soon brought to hand this,

I have never taken a bluegill on a streamer.

Brk Trt