Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First iwana fishing

Re: First iwana fishing

I enjoy fishing with you Satoshi.

In the old days of smallstreams.com, Gerard (South Africa) posted many stories (reports) from his area.

http://web.archive.org/web/200012041852 ... tream.html

Look at the bottom of the page for "South Africa" and you will see many of his stories.

S.Brooks wrote many stories from his area, New Mexico, all of those are his in that section, please take a moment.

I was looking for a Japanese angler to help us be well rounded, somewhere in the archives, you may find that request. Yoshikazu Fujioka was making his web site at about the same time.

Back then, the boys would send me their stories and I would put it all together and post the stories. This was at a time before we had a good forum that you could do it yourself. Back in those days, letters were starting to get replaced by e-mail.

Anyway, each one of those stories were sent to me and then I would build them and post them to the site, this site that I organized with my own stories and those of the people who had the same central idea as I did, we were a group.

If you would have been around smallstreams.com at that time, you would have been a part of that group; (BIGCAT) Brooks, Ivan, Gerard, Chef, adam, Ted except Chef would have come up with something different or maybe not, who knows. From an organic standpoint, we would have accepted you into this core group.

Things are very different now except when I read your stories, it brings back the awesome memories of trips from days gone by. You remind me what this place is built upon without the rhetoric.

With as much honor as I can put together, thank you for taking the time to share your interests with us.

YOU are an exact reflection of why this site exists.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Thank you again guys, for your very encouraging comments.

Will,
    I'm sure he will fish iwana or yamame (or amago) with the rod in such streams like these.

Adam,
    I don't remember well, but I think I first looked at Smallstreams. com in the mid 1990s. At that time, I didn't have PC at my home, and I looked at it in the office and never thought about being a member, though I enjoyed stories. I think there was almost no photos, or just a few small photos, if any, attached to the stories then. One of the things that made me decide to register as a member is that I can attach photos. I'm not a native speaker of English, and it takes a lot of time for me to write English language. So, the photos are of great help indeed. By the way, I have just read the first two stories by Gerard from South Africa. I can tell he is an excellent writer. Also, I looked at Fujioka's page. He must be a really nice person. His illustrations are awesome! I remember I saw his drawings before.
    I don't know if I can fill your expectation, Adam, but at least I'm always trying to post reports so that I can take people who read my stories to a virtual fly fishing trip to Japanese streams. And I'm very glad if I can add some variety to this great forum that is already filled with various flyfishing experiences, from lakes in a beautiful barren landscape of scotland, through European chalk streams, to brook trout streams in the forest of Eastcoast of the US, and amazing cutthroat streams in the Rockies, and more. The fishing in these places are all unique and different, but what I found here is rather the similarity of our passion to this sport, regardless of the geology and fish species and size. This forum is really great and I thank every member who posts stories and comments and Gus, who is now maintaining the forum (right?) and Adam, who have originally founded it.

That was truly enjoyable.
    What perfectly lovely streams and mountains.
    Satoshi--you are very forunate.

Thank you for taking the time to present your pictorial and commentary.

Excellent!!! Thanks for sharing.

Gerard is quite a writer indeed.

He won the first essay contest at smallstreams.com Much like the one we are holding now. He is/was an editor of a South African Fly Fishing magazine. He is G, I have never meet him but I feel he is a true friend that I could depend on and he knows he can depend on me. I meet him at this site. And now I have meet you, I know I can trust you, I already have and that is why you have a little something coming your way...

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi
    This forum is really great and I thank every member who posts stories and comments and Gus, who is now maintaining the forum (right?) and Adam, who have originally founded it.
    Yes, that is how it goes, Gus is maintaining it. It became broken and Gus had the opportunity to start it again, from scratch. I assured Gus that I would help him rebuild it. I contacted my friends that the site was back and it was getting back to where it started. All core group writers have returned.

I don't know if I can fill your expectation, Adam, but at least I'm always trying to post reports so that I can take people who read my stories to a virtual fly fishing trip to Japanese streams.
    You already have, you take me fishing with you. That's what I am after, an escape. You are consistent, you take me along every time.

Thank you.

Satoshi,

I"ve read your post many times now and I must say thank you.

Your waters are as beautiful as I have ever seen. I cuold not comment on any one photo because they are all so splendid.

That photo of the tea being harvested is something I have never seen, very nice of you to post the photo. Your lodge looks very accomadating, and close to the streams you fish.

That large brown is special and the photo of it nicely done.

I truly enjoyed the journey you have taken me.

Brk Trt

Please Satoshi, will you explain your avatar?

smallstreams.com plankowner ofuros's Avatar

It's nice to forget about work...
    even if it's only for the weekend.
    Sharing the the experience with friends,
    makes it just that much better.
    Nice post.
    Out & about....looking for trout.
    https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Thank you again for your comments, everyone.

Please Satoshi, will you explain your avatar?
    :D Adam, it's a picture of the pet of our family; the ferret whose name is kook (so named after her sound). Unfortunately, she died while ago, and we don't have any other animals since then.

Satoshi

Thanks for asking that question Adam. I was thinking about that just a few days ago and planned to ask Satoshi about it.

Pets bring so much into our lives and leave great memories.

This has been a fantastic thread that covers stream, fishing, fish, friendly inputs and generous comments and everything else this forum stands for.

Very nice pics and story Satoshi! You and many others do provide a wonderful fishing the World journey.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.